This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A simple and brief poll. Have YOU ever caught or encountered a shiny Pokemon?

#151SirPiercePosted 8/3/2013 6:45:38 PM
Did multiple runthroughs on multiple games in every gen...0 Shinies Encountered. Sad face.
---
NNID - Aerontar. Steam - KingAerontar
Currently Awaiting...SSBU, SSB3DS, Pokemon X, Pokemon Y and Watch Dogs.
#152andrewx72Posted 8/3/2013 6:47:00 PM
Chikorita.
#153ShadowSlash17Posted 8/3/2013 6:53:19 PM
I caught 2 shinies a couple days ago in White just farming for some dittos with 31 IVs in certain stats to breed for a starter team... A shiny Ditto(with perfect attack and speed IVs), and a Clefairy... I also hatched a shiny Gible and shiny Archen from said shiny Ditto.

In other gens I've hatched more shinies like Treecko, Riolu, Chimchar, and I've caught maybe around 12 shinies... Most of the time I don't even like the shiny color, except for some cases like the Treecko line and Ditto...

I also had a shiny Darkrai from a random GTS trade with the exact nature and IVs I had hoped for, but I prefer regular Darkrai much more.
---
KI:U name: SlashZX
FC: 0216-0883-7959
#154Sir WillPosted 8/3/2013 9:31:02 PM
The only shiny I've ever seen is that gyarados.
---
River Song: Well, I was off to this gay gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled when I thought 'Gosh, the Third Reich's a bit rubbish, I think i'll kill the Fuhrer'
#155SH076UNNER(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2013 10:02:03 PM
fahademon posted...
Holy-732 votes!?o_O
Either theres that many people here,or people just have a s*** ton of alts.>_>

Anyway,yes.I've encountered many.I also have shiny celebi from the colloseum bonus disc. ;)

Add a thousand more to that number now, wow. I had no idea nearly 2000 people would visit this board, didn't expect quite a large number. Poll's are voted by account users and non account users who visit this board, so alts shouldn't be a factor at all.
#156AlI_About_The_UPosted 8/3/2013 10:03:57 PM
Popular Board Topics on the GameFAQs home page.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Fd6pTd6.jpg
#157SH076UNNER(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2013 10:07:02 PM
Missingno_Mastr & Kyle_Clarthy are so far the king's of shiny Pokemon on this board, extremely impressive. We all wish we obtained that many shiny Pokemon by luck haha, but a lot of hard work goes into shiny hunting. The patience usually drives me insane but i'm giving it a good go at the moment, shiny hunting for a yellow Swablu right now and soon to start my hunt for a shiny Suicune which i desperately want.
#158tehponycornPosted 8/3/2013 10:09:42 PM
I found and caught a shiny metang.
---
I'm a critic, If I rate your roster horribly, take no offense, I'm sorry if I've offended you.
Now, off to ADVENTURE!!!! *flies off on Unicorn*
#159ZingangerPosted 8/7/2013 7:29:35 PM
Yup.

Crystal Version:

Hoothoot. First shiny ever. Didn't know what Shinies were, didn't have pokeballs. KO'd.
Geodude. Second. Route 46, right after I got pokeballs. Still didn't know what Shinies were. Selfdestruct.
Smoochum. Third. Was from Shiny Egg. I didn't realize that pink was Smoochum's shiny color, and would not realize it until many years later. I hatched a Smoochum for a run through HGSS and was very surprised to see a purple Smoochum; thought it was a Shiny. I was more surprised to learn I had instead had one Two generations earlier.
Tyrogue. 4th. Another Shiny Egg. Didn't realize he was Shiny until I fought Bruno's Hitmontop with my own.
Shuckle. 5th. From Kirk (Cinnawood). The first Shiny that I recognized as a Shiny (Had just seen Shiny Shuckle on the anime).

I would not see another Shiny until...

HGSS:
2 Ralts (male and female) which I chained for, so I feel I cheated a bit.
Shiny Level 20 Magikarp. While Surfing. I ran into him at the Lake of Rage. Turns out, that is a very fitting name for that lake.
#160Dark Young LinkPosted 8/7/2013 7:33:12 PM
Several, excluding the Red Gyara
---
Sleep? F*** sleep, Toonami is on!!- GenesisSaga
We told you this would happen. It's right there on the contest intro page. - Devin, On Rallying