This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A simple and brief poll. Have YOU ever caught or encountered a shiny Pokemon?

#41MajinKogahazanPosted 8/3/2013 7:49:10 AM
Ran into a shiny Beedrill in Silver once
---
Read a Nuzlocke by me and a friend at: http://blue-heracross.deviantart.com/
Dubs>Subs
#42MoogleMan555Posted 8/3/2013 7:53:45 AM
Dunno why, but I came across tons of shiny Carterpies in different playthroughs of Crystal. I also met with a shiny Poochyena once in Emerald.

But screw that Wally, he got a shiny Ralts as his first Pokemon. -_-
---
Bonemerang is my death blow.
#43NumberXIPosted 8/3/2013 8:02:13 AM
Never. Not counting full shiny parties online
#44Samp98518Posted 8/3/2013 8:03:49 AM
I caught a shiny Starly and Budew in Diamond, both of which no longer exist.
---
Excuse me, sir? Can you sign my bus schedule?
#45gamerofNSPosted 8/3/2013 8:11:30 AM
I'm probably going to forget one or two, but:
Weepinbell in Gold. Accidentally KO'd.
Sandshrew in LeafGreen. Caught, now a Sandslash, Modest nature though.
Nidoran female on same playthough as the Sandshrew. Safari Zone. Guess what happened.
Budew in Pearl, Great Marsh. Caught, evovled to Roserade, traded for either a Mew or Jirachi. Have since gotten a shiny Japanese Roselia.
Heracross, also on Pearl, within one week of catching the Budew. Also traded away.
Meowth on another playthrough of LeafGreen. Caught.
Combee on Platinum. Male (facepalm). Same day as the Meowth.
Sentret on SS. Caught.
Wingull also on SS. Caught. Now a Pelliper.
Onix, also on SS again. almost exactly 24 hours after the Wingull, and one month to the day of the Sentret. Now a Steelix named Goldierox (since it's female).
Bibarel in Diamond, Great Marsh. I was running into so many Bibarels, I thought 'I'm going to run into a shiny one, aren't I?'. And then *boom*, shiny Bibarel.
Goldeen on SS (same playthough as Sentret, Wingull, and Onix). was EV training the above mentioned Bibarel.

Continued in next post.
#46Gsus_94Posted 8/3/2013 8:11:59 AM
I have encountered one in most of my cartridges. snubbull in Crystal (killed by accident), pidgey and fearow in LG, smeargle in Emerald (my first shiny random encounter), Wiscash in Platinum, and just three days ago I caught a shiny Roggenrola in my White 2 after starting a new game :)

I feel like I am missing some, but I don't remember lol. The only one of those shinies that I still have is the roggenrola. i got most of those shinies in my pokemon Diamond and lost the cartridge several years ago.

Overall though, Smeargle was my favorite because it was my first. I traded it to Ruby where i taught it Transform (couldn't in Emerald), and it would transform into the shiny version of any pokemon
---
3DS FC: 0473 7779 6792
ACNL: Melo from Besaid
#47AelfredusPosted 8/3/2013 8:20:14 AM
Maybe 2 or 3, but probably I haven't played as much Pokémon as other users in this forum.
---
1.e4 c5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.d4 cxd4 4.Nxd4 g6
#48gamerofNSPosted 8/3/2013 8:25:20 AM
Deerling in Black. less than a day after launch, first wild Deerling encountered.
Snorunt in second copy of Platinum. .....Yes, I bought a second copy of Platinum. I have the Members Card and Oak's letter from the WiFi events on my first copy. I didn't want to delete my game file. And the Snorunt is now a very cool Glalie.
Golbat on HG. Caught.
hatched a shiny Murkrow on SS. Can't recall if it was Masuda Method or not.
Magikarp on SS while EV training. Fifth one from SS. But with all the Magikarps I've kiiled EV training, it was really only a matter of time. Will NOT be evolving.
Joltik on White 2. Caught.

And within the past month on Black 2 with shiny charm: Audino, and soft-reseted my way to Kyurem and (just this past Thursday) Regigigas.

Now currently soft-reseting for Shiny Regirock.
#49rpgguy999Posted 8/3/2013 8:33:54 AM
No.
It's probably easier to find a gold bar on the street than finding a shiny pokemon.
---
"I do not comprehend" -Gale from Digital Devil Saga
#50darklinkfan55Posted 8/3/2013 8:39:22 AM
I got a shiny crabby before, i think it was in leaf green, i also encountered 2 more shinies but cant remember well, i think one was a diglet and the other i have no idea
---
~everyone has a darkside, link has two~