This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A simple and brief poll. Have YOU ever caught or encountered a shiny Pokemon?

#61YamsPosted 8/3/2013 8:11:01 AM
My memory's not so great but as far I recall, multiple times in Silver and LeafGreen, and I think once in a Pearl file. Haven't seen one in a very, very long time.
#62InhaledCornPosted 8/3/2013 8:13:15 AM
Back in Crystal, I managed to hatch a shiny Eevee. But, since I had the rest of the Eevee family of the time, I kept it as a pretty, gray one. Though, I did contemplate making it an Umbreon with those spiff blue rings.

I also caught a Shiny Rattata while I was trying to hunt down Suicune. I almost ran from it too, XD
---
3DS FC: 2578-3118-6645 PSN: PowahBoxers
I need to play Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door again...
#63tirelatPosted 8/3/2013 8:27:21 AM
Two hours into my first Pokemon game, Emerald, I caught a shiny Zigzagoon. I had some idea that they were rare but I didn't realize how much so. I didn't catch another shiny Pokemon in Emerald until long after beating the game, when I was catching a bunch of random low level Pokemon to trade with Pokemon XD. I caught a shiny Poochyena.

The only other shiny Pokemon I've caught (not counting the red Gyarados) were also at the end part of the game: a Spearow in Leaf Green and a Gastrodon in Diamond. I was on my way to Pal Park when I found the Gastrodon.
#64Master_BassPosted 8/3/2013 8:30:28 AM
Yes, in Platinum I encountered a shiny Onix and caught him. That's the only one I've seen out in the wild.
---
Many Bothans died to bring you this post.
#65l33t_iRk3n_Rm33Posted 8/3/2013 8:31:27 AM
I think I caught a green Beedrill in Gold once. What I'd give to have that game back...
---
You think I'm stupid for liking Nintendo? You're the one who thinks that "just for little kids" starts with an E.
http://i.imgur.com/QiEb7.jpg
#66LazorFistPosted 8/3/2013 8:36:19 AM
Yes. My first shiny was a Golbat caught at Victory Road in Emerald. I also caught a Geodude at Mt. Moon in LG, a Magnemite in Diamond at the Fuego Ironworks after a short Poke Radar attempt, and a Metapod at the Bug Catching Contest in Soul Silver.
#67Executioner232Posted 8/3/2013 8:36:42 AM
never have, been playing from gold to diamond, not a single one through several playthroughs and hours of training.
---
PSN user - Exterminator8954
Steam user - Goldeneye007
#68XxIamKiraXxPosted 8/3/2013 8:37:45 AM
Shiny Geodude in Fire Red.
#69sleep1015Posted 8/3/2013 8:40:23 AM
Only once. A shiny Tentacool in SS. I caught that motherf***er.
---
Psn:sleep1015
Playing what i got
#70Katherine1973Posted 8/3/2013 8:40:33 AM
O yes, and I love it when I get a shiny!! Let's see...current B/W shines are Emolga, Audino, Joltik, Zorua and Leavanny. Ones I've imported from previous games are Mightyena, Houndoom, Grumpig, Shedinja , Ninjask, and Weavile. Right now I'm trying my hardest to fill up the National PokeDex in White 2 so I can get the shiny charm which makes it easier to find shinies.