This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wait for Pokemon X & Y special edition or get white Mario Kart 7 bundle.

#1MattthehumanPosted 8/7/2013 2:20:50 AM
I've been wanting a 3DS for a while now for Pokemon X and Y, but a white 3DS XL with Mario Kart is on sale. I know that the bundle hasn't been localised, but I want it, but there might be a chance it might not even been localised. I also want some other games for the 3DS so that's why I want to get it now.

Any answers would help me decide, thanks.
#2FuneralCakePosted 8/7/2013 2:24:26 AM
Well, with the chance (and likely, I'd say) that the Pokemon bundle might not even make it out of Japan, it might be better to go with the Mario Kart bundle.

My thing with the Pokemon 3DS is that it's not really that special. The gold one is cool, but I think that one has even less chance of being released elsewhere than the blue one. And the blue one is essentially just a regular blue 3DS XL with some decals on it. You could do that yourself if you really wanted to. Plus, you have to get the game digitally, and I'm really not a fan of that.
---
THAT'S MISS FUNERAL CAKE TO YOU
do you wanna die or just come real close?
#3lunarswordPosted 8/7/2013 2:24:37 AM
Pretty sure the games are region locked, so you'd be stuck with nothing but Japanese games on your 3DS
---
"This is all me. This is ALL ME!"
Video play throughs at - http://www.youtube.com/user/DreadArkive
#4Mattthehuman(Topic Creator)Posted 8/7/2013 2:40:48 AM
FuneralCake posted...
Well, with the chance (and likely, I'd say) that the Pokemon bundle might not even make it out of Japan, it might be better to go with the Mario Kart bundle.

My thing with the Pokemon 3DS is that it's not really that special. The gold one is cool, but I think that one has even less chance of being released elsewhere than the blue one. And the blue one is essentially just a regular blue 3DS XL with some decals on it. You could do that yourself if you really wanted to. Plus, you have to get the game digitally, and I'm really not a fan of that.

Thanks you made a really good point, I think I'll just go with the Mario Kart one.
#5GorondaPosted 8/7/2013 3:17:31 AM
Wait until the Nintendo Direct later today just in case they announce the Pokemon 3ds XL's coming to America. But yea getting the Mario Kart is probably smarter
---
profDEADPOOL's cell account
#6Mattthehuman(Topic Creator)Posted 8/7/2013 8:57:28 PM
Goronda posted...
Wait until the Nintendo Direct later today just in case they announce the Pokemon 3ds XL's coming to America. But yea getting the Mario Kart is probably smarter

I watched the Nintendo direct today, but there was no news about, thanks for the suggestion anyway.
#7AreYouBooginPosted 8/7/2013 8:59:53 PM
FuneralCake posted...

Must have never owned a special edition ds they aren't decals it's engraved into the system at least the b/w dsi was.
---
Superman will never WROOOONNG!!!
http://i.imgur.com/NMVMmUM.png
#8SpiderLanternPosted 8/7/2013 9:09:02 PM
FuneralCake posted...

Wow, hadn't thought of that. Just a regular one with decals. I want to upgrade to a 3DS XL and was waiting to see if the X/Y bundles were coming here, but maybe I'll just get a regular 3DS XL. Probably be cheaper too.
---
"Everyone step back. Me and this Jigglypuff are going to tangle and I don't want anyone getting hurt."