This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Weather Cancel Move

#31Jaricko(Topic Creator)Posted 8/7/2013 4:47:04 PM
Lets think about it. You gave it a weather cancel. Hail teams use tons of ice types. What is Altaria weak against again? Oh yes ice types. Worthless hail counter.
---
Rotom Fan With an Air Balloon
YO DOG i heard you like yo Rotom's High. So i gave it a balloon so it can be fly while he high while he way up in the sky! Dog!
#32Doctor_SpankyPosted 8/7/2013 4:49:49 PM
Ray Gun and Jaricko are right, it's hard to justify Altaria even in NU. They're being snarky d"cks about it though, which is nothing new. Don't take the bait
#33Jaricko(Topic Creator)Posted 8/7/2013 4:53:45 PM
Doctor_Spanky posted...
Ray Gun and Jaricko are right, it's hard to justify Altaria even in NU. They're being snarky d"cks about it though, which is nothing new. Don't take the bait

Do people not notice i defended it first and just bashed it as a weather cancel against hail. O.o? It works for NU where it is. It could kinda work in OU for that one niche provided its not hail.
---
Rotom Fan With an Air Balloon
YO DOG i heard you like yo Rotom's High. So i gave it a balloon so it can be fly while he high while he way up in the sky! Dog!
#34SorceressTharjaPosted 8/7/2013 5:00:27 PM
Altaria might do quite well against Sun, actually, but Hail, Sand, Weatherless and Rain all leave it screwed.
#35Dark_EinherjarPosted 8/7/2013 5:07:39 PM
Cloud Nine would've been way more useful if it got rid of weather permanently, rather than just negating its effects as long as the Pokémon is on the field.

Anyway, even if such a move existed, it would still be no match for the weather inducers, who change the weather by switching in.
Weather moves are no match for weather abilities for the same reasons Growl is no match for Intimidate:
1. They take up precious moveslots;
2. They require the Pokémon to switch in and waste a turn.
---
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals."
-Sirius Black