This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So, there will most likely be a Mega Charizard...

#11InhaledCornPosted 8/8/2013 8:17:59 AM
arvilino posted...
I bet the Mega forms are just a stat re-distribution and Charizard ends up even worse than before.

Not only that, but it may also give the starters access to their DWAbilities, especially for those who couldn't get the event versions.

So, if MegaCharizard gets a stat redistribution and Solar Power, expect to see a lot of it.

Or, if it gets a type-change and Levitate. Either way, it'll be a beast.

I mean, I can understand why they did it. People want to use them, but their stats can't keep up with the current metagame. A stat recalculation is pretty necessary.
---
3DS FC: 2578-3118-6645 PSN: PowahBoxers
I need to play Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door again...
#12LexifoxPosted 8/8/2013 8:19:08 AM
InhaledCorn posted...
arvilino posted...
I bet the Mega forms are just a stat re-distribution and Charizard ends up even worse than before.

Not only that, but it may also give the starters access to their DWAbilities, especially for those who couldn't get the event versions.

So, if MegaCharizard gets a stat redistribution and Solar Power, expect to see a lot of it.

Or, if it gets a type-change and Levitate. Either way, it'll be a beast.

I mean, I can understand why they did it. People want to use them, but their stats can't keep up with the current metagame. A stat recalculation is pretty necessary.

The point of contention here, for me, is that it would make sense for "Mega Blaziken", "Mega Charizard", etc, but Lucario, Absol, and Mawile aren't fully evolved. They could just give them standard evolutions instead of "Mega" forms.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#13VampLordAdamaruPosted 8/8/2013 8:19:23 AM
Lexifox posted...
VampLordAdamaru posted...
Four wings, possibly two heads, and the long-awaited Dragon-Typing.

Honestly, with the addition of Fairy Type, I could see Charizard and Gyarados becoming Dragon Types, adding/replacing their Flying Type, especially if a fourth stage or new Form(e) were added to them.

There hasn't been any evidence that the "Mega" thing changes typing. The only typing actually listed in the supposed leaks has been Mawile's, and that's because it's changing type due to Fairy being introduced. If Mega evolution gave a type change, I think they'd talk more about it.

I'm not saying the "Mega" thing is real. I'm saying IF it is, and IF it changes Types at all, I could see Charizard and Gyarados getting a Dragon Typing, IF they receive the "Mega" treatment.
---
Founder - IRDC AND Fluffy the Friendly Deathclaw Fanclub
ULCE#: 9,426 of 53,160; Misty is mine!
#14pokemonzeroPosted 8/8/2013 8:33:19 AM
I would like to see MegaCharizard
Typing Fire/Fairy
BST
Also I want Fairy to be immune to Rock
---
I got post 501 once
Please Save my dragonCave Eggs/hatchlings http://dragcave.net/user/-Latios-
#15LexifoxPosted 8/8/2013 8:46:28 AM
Lexifox posted...

Honestly, with the addition of Fairy Type, I could see Charizard and Gyarados becoming Dragon Types, adding/replacing their Flying Type, especially if a fourth stage or new Form(e) were added to them.

There hasn't been any evidence that the "Mega" thing changes typing. The only typing actually listed in the supposed leaks has been Mawile's, and that's because it's changing type due to Fairy being introduced. If Mega evolution gave a type change, I think they'd talk more about it.

I'm not saying the "Mega" thing is real. I'm saying IF it is, and IF it changes Types at all, I could see Charizard and Gyarados getting a Dragon Typing, IF they receive the "Mega" treatment.

And that's fine that you can see it, but thus far none of the Mega Pokemon have had an advertised type change outside of Mawile, whose type change isn't actually caused by the Mega thing.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#16VampLordAdamaruPosted 8/8/2013 8:47:57 AM
Lexifox posted...
And that's fine that you can see it, but thus far none of the Mega Pokemon have had an advertised type change outside of Mawile, whose type change isn't actually caused by the Mega thing.

I understand, it's just speculation. I'm both interested and concerned by this whole "Mega" thing. I definitely need more info before I decide how I feel.

The rage is, of course, hilarious nonetheless...
---
Founder - IRDC AND Fluffy the Friendly Deathclaw Fanclub
ULCE#: 9,426 of 53,160; Misty is mine!
#17BelgaerBellPosted 8/8/2013 10:15:14 AM
Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought Serebii confirmed that the new Mega Ampharos was Electric/Dragon? So that confirms that types are subject to change. I'd be surprised if the Charizard, Feralligator, and Sceptile Mega's don't end up with a Dragon secondary typing.
#18CedlowPosted 8/8/2013 10:22:34 AM
Lexifox posted...

MegaAmpharos is part dragon.
---
3DS FC- 2981-5785-3794
Pokemon white 2 FC-2838-7906-7636
#19LexifoxPosted 8/8/2013 10:24:22 AM
I said that before it was announced. Also, that makes sense, considering the sheep are gentle and timid, with white puffy wool. Asian myth (Chinese in particular) tends to depict dragons as gentle creatures affiliated with clouds.

Also, Ampharos's Japanese name translates to "electric dragon".
---
#20WingZeroEWPosted 8/8/2013 10:29:28 AM
is there a dual type pokemon that got retyped? as far as i remember there is none.
and i prefer charizard/gyrados to stay their flying typing.