This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What my honest gripe against Mega forms is.

#1BR0DE0Posted 8/8/2013 8:54:10 AM
I think Mega forms could be good, but I have one honest and serious thing against them.

I've spent the past like 15 years pretty much loving all of these new pokemon.
Some have cute pre evos that turn ugly, and I get that.
You become attached to certain ones that have three evos so it was pretty safe to say that you'll like them forever.
Now they are going to get new forms and if they're better, that's gonna suck.
Competitively, I pretty much choose the pokemon I like and come up with a good strategy with them. If they're good then yay, but if not, then I'll have to rethink, but now if the megas are better, it will be pretty much like not evolving the pokemon you like. :/

Now all of the pokemon that you know and love are going to go super sayan and might have a mullet like ampharos or might have flipping wings like absol.
If my favorite azumarill or sceptile get a fricken mullet...
I don't know if I'm going to be able to megatize them... :/
---
3DS Friend Code: 4940 - 5429 - 5402
#2AKC12Posted 8/8/2013 8:56:16 AM
Perhaps this is something that is local to only this series of Pokemon games.
#3arvilinoPosted 8/8/2013 8:58:53 AM
BR0DE0 posted...
I think Mega forms could be good, but I have one honest and serious thing against them.

You become attached to certain ones that have three evos so it was pretty safe to say that you'll like them forever.
Competitively, I pretty much choose the pokemon I like and come up with a good strategy with them. If they're good then yay, but if not, then I'll have to rethink, but now if the megas are better, it will be pretty much like not evolving the pokemon you like. :/

Now all of the pokemon that you know and love are going to go super sayan and might have a mullet like ampharos or might have flipping wings like absol.

How is that any different to liking and wanting to use Wartortle more than Blastoise?
---
"The fact of the matter is that we've been here constantly. We've been betraying peoples expectations, in a good way, for a long time."
#4DarkKirby2500Posted 8/8/2013 9:04:28 AM(edited)
I get ya, I would actually be pretty upset if Mega Gardevoir happened (even if there is no confirmation of Mega forms being real).

Gardevoir DOES need better stats, but I would prefer it happen by Game Freak just changing its base stats, not by them piling on evolutions.

I actually liked Misdreavus better then Mismagius, but Mismagius isn't terrible.

Also questionable is how quite a few of the "leaked" "Mega Evolutions" are Pokemon who don't need the help.

---
1. The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him. 2. They're all complacent sheeple.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>
#5Meta289Posted 8/8/2013 8:59:24 AM
I don't think that the Mega forms will be a one-way transformation. Hopefully they will work like forme changes.

I don't think that they would give a legendary, especially Mewtwo, a permanent transformation, but that's just me.
---
R.I.P. Pokemon Cycle
Fact: Things are so much better when taken at face value.
#6Flame552Posted 8/8/2013 9:02:47 AM
arvilino posted...
BR0DE0 posted...

How is that any different to liking and wanting to use Wartortle more than Blastoise?

Well...power creep, mostly.

One can only assume that a mega-evolution is stronger then the pokemon it evolves from. So what does that mean about all the other pokemon?

B&W and B&W2 sort of tried to combat this by having the newer pokemon be stronger but having the older pokemon have access to more abilities and a greater variety of moves.

If the mega-forms are more a way to keep older pokemon relevant... I...well, it MIGHT work well.

TL;DR version: Just give me my god damn Pinser evolution so he stops being a worse Heracross. ;_;