This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Mega takes away the possibility of future evolution

#1DoctorApolloPosted 8/8/2013 9:16:32 AM
Absol and Mawile can no longer ever have an evolution, assuming mega forms are only for fully evolved Pokemon.

More than that -- get this, if they give all Pokemon mega forms, that locks away all possible new evolutions in later gens. No more possibilty for Lapras or Kangaskhan or Heracross or whatever. If they get a mega form, that cements the fact they'll never evolve again.

Which is why it would be really crappy of them to give all fully evolved Pokemon mega forms. It would also be craptons of work, and require the players to now recognize a few hundred more monsters, which is ridiculous.

Ssooooo the only conclusion is that not all Pokemon will have mega forms, and this is ALSO REALLY CRAPPY BECAUSE COME ONNNNN. That leaves a huge cap in coolness between Pokemon! No Pokemon is clearly defined as superior to another, aside from Legendaries. But now theyre lterally saying Pokemon lkke Absol have more potential for greatness than other Pokemon, who have no mega forms...

So what do you guys think? How will they handle this? Will everyone have mega forms, or only a select few?
#2Nightstar1994Posted 8/8/2013 9:17:27 AM
I treat them as an evolution of some kind so it's OK.

Dat Absol
#3l33t_iRk3n_Rm33Posted 8/8/2013 9:26:38 AM
And here I was just about to make a topic for a third evolution of Timburr, Meteurrr. It carries asteroids around.
---
You think I'm stupid for liking Nintendo? You're the one who thinks that "just for little kids" starts with an E.
http://i.imgur.com/QiEb7.jpg
#4GL10Posted 8/8/2013 9:30:57 AM
I think that one positive is that we won't risk another Rhyperior.
---
Before you complain about the lag, keep in mind that Jesus had to wait three days to respawn!
#5mjalal100Posted 8/8/2013 9:36:12 AM
I doubt they'll make every pokemon a Megaevolution...making custom sprites for nearly 300 fully evolved pokemon + legends + one stage pokemon..and the other 150ish new Pokemon, and the original pokemon..that would take up a huge amount of space, especially with the 3D renderings that they have going on.
---
If I had a superpower, it would be the ability to defy logic.
#6jayman7Posted 8/8/2013 9:37:09 AM
DoctorApollo posted...
No more possibilty for Lapras or Kangaskhan or Heracross or whatever. If they get a mega form, that cements the fact they'll never evolve again.

Lapras and Heracross shouldn't evolve (normally) anyway. -_-
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#7Cheesepower5Posted 8/8/2013 9:41:07 AM(edited)
Megaevolution... Perdon? Qu'est ce que c'est?

EDIT: In my confusion, I momentarily thought I was a Frenchman. What the hell is a mega evolution and is it confirmed?
---
My way is the high way. You'd have to be lactose intolerant to not learn to love it.
Ha! Cheese puns.
#8jayman7Posted 8/8/2013 9:41:34 AM
Cheesepower5 posted...
Megaevolution... Perdon? Qu'est ce que c'est?

Read Serebii, s'il vous plait.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#9DoctorApollo(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2013 9:45:25 AM
jayman7 posted...
DoctorApollo posted...
No more possibilty for Lapras or Kangaskhan or Heracross or whatever. If they get a mega form, that cements the fact they'll never evolve again.

Lapras and Heracross shouldn't evolve (normally) anyway. -_-

A Lapras evolution that switched up its stats and makes it offensive would be really cool, dont be a downer.
#10GTomahawkPosted 8/8/2013 9:47:21 AM(edited)
Remember, we don't know if they have different/better stats yet.

If they do, they may as well be evolutions.