This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Mega Lucario will break the Competitive Metagame!

#21BubloZXPosted 8/8/2013 5:50:57 PM
RX0mega posted...
Hierarchy225 posted...
summerclaw posted...
RX0mega posted...
summerclaw posted...
MegaBlaziken will just lol at him for days.

Lucario can just use Agility on the turn Blaziken uses Protect, the have a 50/50 shot of smashing the birds face off the next turn, and a 75/25 chance of owning it the turn after.

And if he gets Adaptability he'll no longer need Swords Dance to rip things to shreds, so Agility boosting his speed for sweeps would be the logical replacement.

Unless MegaBlaziken just roast him. Basically first to attack wins :o.

I like it. A battle of predictions. If MegaLuke predicts Protect it can use Agility, then hit with an Adaptability boosted Close Combat.

If Blaziken predicts that Agility it can hit with a Flare Blitz/Hi Jump Kick.

And if the Lucario user predicts the prediction he can just kill the bird straight off.

Here's the rundown. Most lucario are focus sashed or hold a scarf. I usually run Jolly or Naive natures for that extra speed so with Adaptability+close combat+extreme speed Blazey is doomed 99% of the time even with speed boost. Unless it can score a random burn after it attacks full force with blaze kick then Lucario is just gonna skull f**k next turn with extreme speed. Ever since extreme speed was given an additional +1 priority over vacuum wave, mach/bullet punch, and other priority attacks most other fragile fighters have lost their edge over Lucario. And can't Lucario run high jump kick as well? That with extreme speed is a much bigger threat if you don't mind the 90% accuracy. Drain punch can also become a viable recovery move and substitute for other fighting moves if you don't want all the power. An ideal set could be High Jump kick/close combat, ice punch, shadow claw, extreme speed. With adaptability you can opt for an all out attacker now that your main attack move is getting another 30% in attack power. But we should wait until this stuff is available in game. This all looks great if we use Lucario's standard form as the bases for this but we don't know how the "MegaForm will affect stats. A base speed and attack increase would make Lucario broken but there's also a chance that stat points could be allocated to other spots. Speed and attack could be bumped down to increase those defenses. But let's hope that these forms are only a plus for them all.
#22GundamChaoPosted 8/8/2013 9:17:13 PM
Bah, I think you're freaking out over nothing! Don't assume the worst! The fact is that, if successful, this move is gonna save Pokemon for years to come. The sheer number of Pokemon with few core changes between generations was wearing, and they knew it. It may not seem like it to consumers, but business analysts saw that this wasn't gonna last in the same way much longer. People don't take things numbered as high as Gen 8 and 9 or Pokemon #1205 seriously, and they knew this.

Mega Evolution will most likely be balanced out by all Pokemon finally being useful and boosted. Maybe even Luvdisc will be taken care of! From a business perspective, this is how things will flourish the most. The 'Mons will deal more damage, but they'll be able to take more, too.

Instead of freaking out without having all the variables, why don't you crunch the flawed numbers of Pre Gen 6 Pokemon. That should be more frightening to you than this step is. This is what'll fix the whole metagame mechanic, unless you believe them to be fools who are OBLIGATED to make babysteps with the Pokemon franchise. A slow moving pawn is allowed to take a queen if certain conditions are met.
---
I don't always drink Kool-Aid, but when I do... I prefer Berry Blast.
http://ghostlightning.files.wordpress.com/2020/06/ramba-ral_crowley-hamon.jpg
#23Digital_Knyte07Posted 8/8/2013 9:22:55 PM
I'm pretty sure Adaptability doesn't stack with STAB. It's just 2x instead of 1.5x so, Close Combat is 120 x 2 = 240 Base Power for Lucario and Hyper Beam 300 Base Power for Porygon-Z. Still great, just not AS crazy as 270 BP or 337.5 BP lol.
---
I hate college but love all the parties
Finishing kegs and crushing bottles of Bacardi
#24JarickoPosted 8/8/2013 9:25:46 PM
Bullet punch and Superpower are gonna hit harder now. Oh noz! They will do damage equal to 1 additional stab bonus! * Sends in Honedge *

* Smug Face *
---
Rotom Fan With an Air Balloon
YO DOG i heard you like yo Rotom's High. So i gave it a balloon so it can be fly while he high while he way up in the sky! Dog!
#25Doctor_SpankyPosted 8/8/2013 9:26:15 PM
No it won't, because a$$ loads of other Mons will get mega forms too. The whole metagame is going to shift with the new type and new Pokemon with (presumably) ludicrously high stats

All Mega Pokemon will "break" (improve) the competitive metagame, Lucario is just part of it
#26GundamChaoPosted 8/9/2013 12:59:28 PM
Doctor_Spanky posted...
No it won't, because a$$ loads of other Mons will get mega forms too. The whole metagame is going to shift with the new type and new Pokemon with (presumably) ludicrously high stats

All Mega Pokemon will "break" (improve) the competitive metagame, Lucario is just part of it

Exactly! That's precisely what I said! And I think it's a wonderful move, at that. Even the oldest of fans will return to boost up their favorite Pokemon of old once more.
---
I don't always drink Kool-Aid, but when I do... I prefer Berry Blast.
http://ghostlightning.files.wordpress.com/2020/06/ramba-ral_crowley-hamon.jpg
#27Hierarchy225Posted 8/9/2013 1:03:23 PM
Jaricko posted...
Bullet punch and Superpower are gonna hit harder now. Oh noz! They will do damage equal to 1 additional stab bonus! * Sends in Honedge *

* Smug Face *

What do you have to be smug about? *Switch's in Houndoom/Mega Blaziken*. What now?
---
The Official MegaLucario of the Pokemon X Board
3DS Friend Code 1993-7813-6870
#28XavuuPosted 8/9/2013 1:08:55 PM
Don't know about Mega Lucario, but your username is awesome.
---
Choice Band STAB surprise Quick Attack; Staraptor.
#29NitharadPosted 8/9/2013 2:25:13 PM
If MegaPokemon turn out to be broken they will be moved to Ubers anyway, so who cares?

And having to hold the Megastone is a pretty big disadvantage seeing how many items play a core part in builds.