This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are sceptile and Swampert getting Mega evolutions?

#1Thepenguinking2Posted 8/8/2013 9:15:40 PM
It'd be kinda wierd to see only blaziken out of the hoenn starters getting a mega-evo. Does GF love blaziken that much when they give him a ridiculously powerful ability and leaving swampert with the god-awful Damp ability, and Sceptile with the "Meh" unburden ability?
What are your thoughts?

HURR DURR GEN 3 REMAKES CUNFURMT HURR *Explodes*
---
"Fritz, leave this board and spend time with your only friends- Oreos."
Official Shadow Zangoose of the X board and Salamence of PGD!
#2Hughs_RagePosted 8/8/2013 9:20:53 PM
Nope, just Blaziken
Because he's Fire Fighting
and we know how much Gamefreak loves Fire Fighting
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdtqd6EJTY1qlpahho1_500.jpg My husbando <3
QWILFISH for Smash 4! Also waiting on Qwilfish's Megalution, QWILSHARK!
#3Erics84Posted 8/8/2013 9:32:04 PM(edited)
Indeed, it would be weird for Blaziken to be the only Hoenn starter getting a Megaevo. But then again, it would also be weird if they gave Megaevos to old starters but not to this gen's ones. So maybe they're giving them to the Hoenn and Kalos starters, if not ALL starters. Or maybe they're picking one starter out of each generation to give it a Megaevo? For instance, it might be that the Gen III Fire starter gets one, the Gen II Grass starter gets another, and so on.

Edit:
Hughs_Rage posted...
Nope, just Blaziken

True. Imagine if the only starters they give Megaevos to are the the Fire Fighting ones...
#4Thepenguinking2(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2013 9:24:02 PM
Hughs_Rage posted...
Nope, just Blaziken

Darn. That's true. Depressing, but true.
---
"Fritz, leave this board and spend time with your only friends- Oreos."
Official Shadow Zangoose of the X board and Salamence of PGD!
#5Brandon00151Posted 8/8/2013 9:27:32 PM
Im pretty sure its safe to assume that every Starter Final Evolution will have a Mega Evolution. So in other words Venusaur,Charizard, Blastoise,Meganium,Typhlosion,Fearaligatr,Sceptile,Swampert,Tortera, Infernape, Empoleon,Serperior, Emboar,Samurott, and all the Gen 6 Starters will have a Mega Evolution.
#6Ari917Posted 8/8/2013 9:43:29 PM(edited)
There are two ways to look at this: Either all the starters get one or only a certain set of them get it. The former can work, making 18 items can be a pain but still it's manageable and then they don't favor one Pokémon over the other and thus can market all 18.

Having said that, I can see the second option as well since that way they only do a few and just focus on them (and maybe make and market the others later on). My best guess? Charizard's probably getting one due to popularity and I wouldn't doubt the other 1st gen ones getting it either. Infernape's also a possibility for similar reasons. Other then that, I'm not sure.
---
Official Wyvern Lord of the Awakening Board