This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why isnt mega absol a normal evo?

#1Azure_AuraPosted 8/8/2013 10:48:08 PM
I understand giving starters, legends and other 3 stage pokemon a mega evo but pokemon like absol would have been better off with a normal permanent evo.
---
Ahh...the net is vast....
#2Dante2049Posted 8/8/2013 10:48:52 PM
waits for the mawalie (spelling) fans
---
Megahoundoom FTW! 3 headed beast of flame fo realz
#3FuneralCakePosted 8/8/2013 10:49:46 PM
Because it's a mega evo and not a normal evo.
---
THAT'S MISS FUNERAL CAKE TO YOU
do you wanna die or just come real close?
#4Azure_Aura(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2013 10:56:21 PM
FuneralCake posted...
Because it's a mega evo and not a normal evo.

you are either trolling or missed the point.

For the record i am not saying i dont like this new mechanic, it kinda reminds me of overdrives but pokemon style. I just think pokemon like absol which are not that great statwise would benefit more from a permanent evolution. Also from past experience those things tend to feel kinda gimmicky.
---
Ahh...the net is vast....
#5RethalwolfPosted 8/8/2013 11:06:35 PM
maybe they're giving absol a stat boost, or a prevo and a stat boost, as well as the mega form.
plus, if it's an in-battle form, maybe it's based on the carried item. Like, as long as it holds that stone, it's essentially permanent. if it takes a turn to set up, that would kinda bite, but if it happens from the start, it'd still be a usable "evolution".
---
"The point of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the enemy die for his."
#6JunDagekiPosted 8/8/2013 11:09:53 PM
I agree with you, i always thought that Absol should had a pre-evolution and an evolution.
---
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
#7Firelion6593Posted 8/8/2013 11:15:03 PM
Because Game Freak feels that Absol doesn't need a proper evolution for whatever reason.

Time will tell how this thing works exactly, but Mega Absol is at this point confirmed to have boosted Speed and Attack compared to regular Absol.
---
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.
#8LightningHawk90Posted 8/8/2013 11:15:47 PM
Dante2049 posted...
waits for the mawalie (spelling) fans

Your wait is over. Them showing that Mawile with a mega forme pretty much confirms that he/she won't get an evolution and i'm really really disappointed by that
---
Hi. I'm RageKaiser. I'm here to ruin your unfunny topics.
#9XxVERSUSxXPosted 8/8/2013 11:18:43 PM
JunDageki posted...
I agree with you, i always thought that Absol should had a pre-evolution and an evolution.

This
#10Hanon623Posted 8/9/2013 12:24:46 AM
Giving absol a proper evo would let it hold eviolite and fight in little cup it doesn't really need that much of a handicap does it?