This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why isnt mega absol a normal evo?

#11Rad_DudesmanPosted 8/8/2013 11:26:29 PM
Firelion6593 posted...
Because Game Freak feels that Absol doesn't need a proper evolution for whatever reason.

Time will tell how this thing works exactly, but Mega Absol is at this point confirmed to have boosted Speed and Attack compared to regular Absol.

And Absol already had base 130 Attack, so maybe they thought a normal evolution would be too powerul.
---
The official rad dude of the Pokemon X board.
#12Firemaster5Posted 8/8/2013 11:35:25 PM
On the bright side, standard Mawhile's type still gets revamped to Steel/Fairy.
---
Hiro-He didn't kill a horse he merely used a stencil and some white spray paint on his black coat...where he got the white paint I'll leave to your imagination.
#13GensokyoPosted 8/8/2013 11:40:18 PM
Rad_Dudesman posted...
Firelion6593 posted...
Because Game Freak feels that Absol doesn't need a proper evolution for whatever reason.

Time will tell how this thing works exactly, but Mega Absol is at this point confirmed to have boosted Speed and Attack compared to regular Absol.

And Absol already had base 130 Attack, so maybe they thought a normal evolution would be too powerul.

MegaAbsol is still getting an attack and speed increase, though.
#14JarickoPosted 8/8/2013 11:52:23 PM
Hanon623 posted...
Giving absol a proper evo would let it hold eviolite and fight in little cup

Not necessarily.

Little cup does not include the baby pokemon that are obviously too powerful for it. I think the only reason onyx is in there is because of its typing. But just look at munchlax. It would have been too good for LC.
---
Rotom Fan With an Air Balloon
YO DOG i heard you like yo Rotom's High. So i gave it a balloon so it can be fly while he high while he way up in the sky! Dog!
#15Nomorice4UPosted 8/9/2013 12:21:02 AM
Rad_Dudesman posted...
Firelion6593 posted...

They could've its evo not get ATt increase. As it is, Absol has the games most underwhelming 130 att stat.
---
Capcom All Star dream team - Dr. Wily/Devilot/Donovan or Rouge/Talbain/Megaman(any)
#16MefukiPosted 8/9/2013 12:23:58 AM
Better question to me is why isn't Mega Absol Dark/Fairy-type. I mean, just look at him.
#17kito-efilPosted 8/9/2013 12:25:24 AM
Jaricko posted...
Hanon623 posted...
Giving absol a proper evo would let it hold eviolite and fight in little cup

Not necessarily.

Little cup does not include the baby pokemon that are obviously too powerful for it. I think the only reason onyx is in there is because of its typing. But just look at munchlax. It would have been too good for LC.

Agreed.
---
Stop teaching kids if you're happy and you know it! ...It hurts timmy the T-rex's feelings when he cant clap like the other kids...
#18gamermasterwizPosted 8/9/2013 1:24:37 AM
Me too. I'm a bit annoyed by this Mega Evolutions thing...it would've been better if Mawile & Absol had new evolutions. Right after I heard that they are only temporary in battle I was a bit relieved but I'm beginning to worry again because Pokemons like Blaziken & Ampharos(who are in their final stage) also got Megas so I'm guessing that there's no more hope for Absol & Mawile to get actual evolutions....they probably won't evolve anymore......
---
Gen IV FC: 2536-3829-5092
Gen V FC: 0819-4243-0361 PSN: blueink8