This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The words "Mega" and "Evolution" are a poor choice of words in my opinion.

#1SH076UNNERPosted 8/9/2013 5:53:58 AM
The reveal of these new Pokemon formes would have been a LOT less worrisome for people like me if they decided to subtract those awful choice of words. I'm not the only one who thinks this, and i don't mean to speak for all, but the word "Mega" associates the thought of Digimon and the word "Evolution" associates the thought of a FORTH evolution. This is actually not the case now that we've gained more information. Adding a forth evolution ruins the whole basis and 'rules' the series has created, which is why it's so frowned upon. Especially on a STARTER Pokemon.

A lot of people feel attacked when someone mentions the Digimon resemblance that is clearly visible (mostly because of the word 'Mega'). As more information comes, this thought will slowly diminish so those people don't need to worry. However, the poor choices of words made people like me worried and some-what disheartened with the direction the series is taking.

I am now warming up to this new concept and relieved with the newly gained information on Serebii.net. It's basically becoming 'Super Saiyan' but Pokemon style, only available for a limited time in a battle. We just need to now see what actually triggers the transformation in battle, or what i hope isn't the case, they are already transformed right off the bat as soon as they are sent out (while holding their respected "MegaStone").
#2deadpool848Posted 8/9/2013 5:59:09 AM
I dont really care what its called, but i think calling it the pokemon's "Hidden Form" would have been better, since it cannot achive this form unless given a special stone to unlock that temporary power. But I think giving some pokemon a new held item that transforms them is pertty awesome, always loved this idea but it was never really expanded upon until now (closest thing we had before were Genesect Disks and Arceus plates, and no one used those XD).
#3SH076UNNER(Topic Creator)Posted 8/9/2013 6:03:07 AM
deadpool848 posted...
I dont really care what its called, but i think calling it the pokemon's "Hidden Form" would have been better, since it cannot achive this form unless given a special stone to unlock that temporary power. But I think giving some pokemon a new held item that transforms them is pertty awesome, always loved this idea but it was never really expanded upon until now (closest thing we had before were Genesect Disks and Arceus plates, and no one used those XD).

"Hidden Form" or "Awakened Form" are much better choices, i agree. I hope next CoroCoro we get more of the back story with these new forms.
#4SH076UNNER(Topic Creator)Posted 8/9/2013 6:04:20 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTHgE0vtOXU

New trailer!!! With the new forms.