This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

why is blaze blaziken banned when only Mega and speed boost are broken

#1gamepimp12Posted 8/9/2013 6:17:31 AM
They should allow blaze-ken while banning SB-ken and the blaziknite hold item
---
we rich now but used to be slaves,we pushing whips now we used to be whipped,rockin chains when we used to be in 'em
#2LexifoxPosted 8/9/2013 6:22:39 AM
Because this opens the door to "Can I use (Pokemon) in a lower tier if I don't use (ability)?".
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#3Ether_SwordPosted 8/9/2013 6:35:21 AM(edited)
Lexifox posted...
Because this opens the door to "Can I use (Pokemon) in a lower tier if I don't use (ability)?".

No because Blaziken always had Blaze ability in it's respectable tier. Putting him back to what he was originally doesn't open any doors but return to where he once was. Not hard to grasp.
#4LexifoxPosted 8/9/2013 10:06:33 AM
Ether_Sword posted...
Lexifox posted...

No because Blaziken always had Blaze ability in it's respectable tier. Putting him back to what he was originally doesn't open any doors but return to where he once was. Not hard to grasp.

Blaziken is in a high tier, and Speed Boost is often considered the primary reason. If you allow Blaze Blaziken into a lower tier, then why can't you make the same argument for any Pokemon that goes up in tier over time?
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#5LenneValkiryePosted 8/9/2013 10:09:41 AM
Lexifox posted...

PO opened that door (example: Soundproof Abomasnow is allowed in NU) and it worked remarkably well.
Why is everyone so scared about this?
#6GloryChaosPosted 8/9/2013 10:10:01 AM
Lexi's argument is the correct one. The reality of the situation is also that people didn't care about Blaziken at all without speed boost, and didn't see the need to jump through any hoops to ban him.

Compare his situation to garchomp. They banned sand veil across the board, despite garchomp being the only pokemon who could actually abuse it to win games. Sand Veil doesn't break Sandslash or Dugtrio, but they saw it fit to ban it anyway because it allowed Garchomp to come down from the uber tier and be used in OU.

Sand Veil Gliscor wasn't a real problem by the way. And I say this as someone who has lost a match simply because ice beam missed three times in a row while he swords danced behind a sub.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
#7LexifoxPosted 8/9/2013 10:14:44 AM
LenneValkirye posted...
Lexifox posted...

PO opened that door (example: Soundproof Abomasnow is allowed in NU) and it worked remarkably well.

It's my understanding that they didn't say "Abomasnow can be in lower tiers if it has Soundproof" but said that Snow Warning itself is OU.
---
#8deidara21Posted 8/9/2013 10:57:23 AM
Lexifox posted...
LenneValkirye posted...
Lexifox posted...

It's my understanding that they didn't say "Abomasnow can be in lower tiers if it has Soundproof" but said that Snow Warning itself is OU.

Only two pokemon have snowwarning. That's pretty much what they said when they allowed Abomasnow into NU.

Only a group of not too intelligent people/People on Smogon's nethrr areas honestly believe that allowing Blaze Blaziken into OU will cause any type of problem. It's literally the only pokemon thag can b ave this argument be made for it.

Heck ththey did something similar with Smash Pass not being allowed in any tier below UU I believe.
#9LexifoxPosted 8/9/2013 11:01:33 AM
deidara21 posted...
Lexifox posted...
LenneValkirye posted...
Lexifox posted...

Only two pokemon have snowwarning. That's pretty much what they said when they allowed Abomasnow into NU.

Only a group of not too intelligent people/People on Smogon's nethrr areas honestly believe that allowing Blaze Blaziken into OU will cause any type of problem. It's literally the only pokemon thag can b ave this argument be made for it.

So if an exception is made for Blaziken, why not make an exception for other Pokemon? Why treat Blaziken as special?

Heck ththey did something similar with Smash Pass not being allowed in any tier below UU I believe.

Banning a combination of moves isn't the same as arbitrarily banning a specific ability on a specific Pokemon.
---
#10A Novel IdeaPosted 8/9/2013 11:04:20 AM
Lexifox posted...
So if an exception is made for Blaziken, why not make an exception for other Pokemon? Why treat Blaziken as special?

alright so go ahead and do the same for other pokemon then

(now you can tell us what the problem with doing that is like you should've done from the start instead of waiting for someone to say something like what i just did)
---
"I have not felt anything since the day megaupload died." - Fubonis