This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Super Training raising EVs is great, but IVs were the real problem.

#1DarkKirby2500Posted 8/9/2013 8:17:50 AM(edited)
Unless all the hopes and prayers of competitive players have come true and IVs have been removed.

EVs were a hassle, but were controllable. IVs were just luck, and the odds were heavily against you, and that's the problem.

And please, don't post excuses about, realism, variety, and Hidden Power that have all been argued to death about how fantastic and necessary IVs are. And no, IVs being removed would not break the game or break the ability to import Pokemon from the previous gen (which I wouldn't even care about).

EVs are finally being shown, although I have a sneaking suspicion it will be shown via a graph bar (serebii says it's a meter) rather then actual numbers, meaning you might still have to keep track of EVs outside of the game yourself (I hope I'm wrong in this).

While they're at it they might as well add a way to remove EVs easily, since often Pokemon you start the game with are forcefully abandoned because you didn't have to ability to EV train at the time.
---
1. The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him. 2. They're all complacent sheeple.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>
#2Firelion6593Posted 8/9/2013 8:19:49 AM
There is a way to reduce EV's. It's those berries that say they lower "base stats." Hopefully they're easier to obtain in this game than in Gen V.
---
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.
#3RemixV4Posted 8/9/2013 8:21:54 AM
I hope they do get rid of IV. I'm not having fun soft resetting for a decent Latios. Having a stat system that relies purely on luck is terrible.
---
The heart is shaken more by a single action than a thousand words.
#4TheWayofPiePosted 8/9/2013 8:28:24 AM
1. IVs no longer exist.
2. Gain EVs at level up and allocate them by choice. You gain EVs until Level 50. This way you do not have to abandon your Main Story Pokemon.
---
Ridley: *Adjusts monocole* Why, I've become civilized, my dear Samantha! Anyway, come, sit, have some tea. -Master_Warlord7 Same Time Posts: 8
#5xKYSxPosted 8/9/2013 8:28:45 AM
indeed EV was just time spent on it but with the ease of items that introduced from hg/ss and onward made it easier but IVs would take a really long time since it's all RNG.
---
360 GT & PSN = xKYSx.
#6Rook_the_RangerPosted 8/9/2013 8:42:57 AM
I've been following the changes via Youtube and Serebii. If there is one thing I'm noticing, it is that Game Freak is changing their formula. This means IVs being gone is definitely possible.
#7jayman7Posted 8/9/2013 8:43:18 AM
TheWayofPie posted...
1. IVs no longer exist.
2. Gain EVs at level up and allocate them by choice. You gain EVs until Level 50. This way you do not have to abandon your Main Story Pokemon.

So... what happens when you catch a level 40-something Pokemon? Allocating so many per level only really works for those Pokemon obtained at level 1.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#8TheMasterTurtlePosted 8/9/2013 8:48:26 AM
DarkKirby2500 posted...
Unless all the hopes and prayers of competitive players have come true and IVs have been removed.

EVs were a hassle, but were controllable. IVs were just luck, and the odds were heavily against you, and that's the problem.

And please, don't post excuses about, realism, variety, and Hidden Power that have all been argued to death about how fantastic and necessary IVs are. And no, IVs being removed would not break the game or break the ability to import Pokemon from the previous gen (which I wouldn't even care about).

EVs are finally being shown, although I have a sneaking suspicion it will be shown via a graph bar (serebii says it's a meter) rather then actual numbers, meaning you might still have to keep track of EVs outside of the game yourself (I hope I'm wrong in this).

While they're at it they might as well add a way to remove EVs easily, since often Pokemon you start the game with are forcefully abandoned because you didn't have to ability to EV train at the time.

I do disagree with removing IVs for the sake of variety. Thus I think they should still be in the game.

However, there should be an easy way for players who want to manipulate them to do that. Like a brainwashing machine that reallocates the IVs.
---
OFFICIAL WARTORTLE OF THE B/W BOARDS
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThreeAmigosProductio - My short films, please enjoy yourself.
#9PentaoPosted 8/9/2013 8:52:07 AM
If GameFreak gets rid of IVs (or alters it to be significantly controllable by the player), the amount of hacked Pokemon will go down severely.

A lot of people do not actually care about hacking Pokemon for collection's sake, hacking was only done most of the time to bypass a luck based stat system, or for aesthetic purposes like shinies, nicknames, or Pokeballs.

So if this gen wants to really crack down on hackers, it'll probably be best for them to just oust IVs entirely. I have a feeling that modifying save data will continue to be a method of hacking as well.

The great thing about getting rid of IVs and making Pokemon raising easier, faster, and more controllable is that it actually expands the game's life span instead of taking away from it. The variety of teams you can try out (despite most of them being "bad" in a competitive sense) allows you to experience a lot of different strategies and have more fun where it counts, because training isn't usually nearly as fun.
---
"Religion keeps pressing B when we try to evolve." - pirategeorge"
[3DS FC: 1934-0673-9848 (Pentao)]
#10TheWayofPiePosted 8/9/2013 9:06:04 AM
jayman7 posted...
TheWayofPie posted...
1. IVs no longer exist.

So... what happens when you catch a level 40-something Pokemon? Allocating so many per level only really works for those Pokemon obtained at level 1.

Easy, you just allocate all of them at the next level up.
---
Ridley: *Adjusts monocole* Why, I've become civilized, my dear Samantha! Anyway, come, sit, have some tea. -Master_Warlord7 Same Time Posts: 8