This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Super Training raising EVs is great, but IVs were the real problem.

#41Gsus_94Posted 8/12/2013 9:42:04 PM
Well, i have to admit, i use simulators for battling people because of Smogon tiers. Yes I understand a lot of people hate smogon for one reason or the other, but for the most part I agree with their ban lists.

I hate battling random people in wi-fi when either half the people disconnect when losing or the other half use combinations like Tyranitar, Excadrill, and Garchomp (you can't even battle with 6 pokemon). And if you battle online with others and compromise on smogon rules, it tends to be a process that's a lot slower than using a simulator anyway.

So yes, raising a pokemon with max IVs is a god awful task, but that's not the only reason why people choose simulators over their actual carts for competitive play. I have 2 boxes filled with different pokemon that I've raised with almost perfect IVs and ones that I've traded for In Pokemon Black...I have never played a single competitive battle with someone I met on these boards. It's just too slow compared to simulators
---
3DS FC: 0473 7779 6792
ACNL: Melo from Besaid
#42TherianReturnsPosted 8/12/2013 9:46:13 PM
Scirel posted...
See, this is where you're wrong.

I am never wrong. Your bad luck with getting bad Ivs thus making you think it's ALL about luck doesn't correct me. You do realize by breeding correctly, you can get the right IVs and in turn increasing the chances of getting good IVs.
---
I am the only true Pokemon fan. Find me at: http://www.youtube.com/user/AdventOfTherian/about
3DS FC: 1891 1428 1023 - add for Pokemon X/Y
#43ScirelPosted 8/12/2013 10:40:47 PM
TherianReturns posted...
Scirel posted...
See, this is where you're wrong.

I am never wrong. Your bad luck with getting bad Ivs thus making you think it's ALL about luck doesn't correct me. You do realize by breeding correctly, you can get the right IVs and in turn increasing the chances of getting good IVs.

You just said it right there.

Chances.

Slot machine.

Dice Roll.

Luck.

Not Work.

By the same logic, being a gambling addict is a viable career path.
---
Pokemon Black2 FC: 4342 0778 8528
#44jneal57Posted 8/12/2013 10:43:39 PM
Personaly i like iv's. i like each pokemon being diffrent and you have to work with what you got. I know you can breed what you want but that defeats the spirit of the game.
---
:3 kitty kitty
#45BalloonBattle05Posted 8/16/2013 5:11:11 PM
perfectchaos83 posted...
IVs aren't going anywhere. They serve exactly the purpose GF wants them to do. The only thing they will do is make them easier as they've been doing over the past few years.

And the purpose is not only stupid, it's also done better with EV's.