This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Mega-Evolution? Let's think about this..

#1WiCcAnOfEaRtHPosted 8/9/2013 10:18:53 AM
If Blaziken got a Mega-Evolution, I still stick by my thoughts that there should be a Mega-Evolution for every fully evolved starter. All the starter pokemon, at their third stage evolution have similar base stat totals between 525-540. It would be OP and unfair if only Blaziken got a Mega-Evolution. I see it as a great thing for the franchise and competitive battle if done correctly. If it's done wrong, I also see it dooming the franchise. That's just me.
---
3DS FC: 2277-7185-6110
#2Big_IsaacPosted 8/9/2013 10:24:00 AM
why are people so eager to declare "the doom" of a franchise?
Mega Blaziken could be the only mega starter and it wouldn't do jack s*** to the series

it's quite possible that only the Gen 3 and 6 starters will get mega forms.
6 for obvious reasons and 3 to promote the inevitable remakes
---
Waiting for golden Sun 3DS
2 things are infinite: The Universe and human stupidity. I'm not sure about the Universe, though -Albert Einstein
#3jayman7Posted 8/9/2013 10:26:28 AM(edited)
Yes, yes, so inevitable. That's why they're giving us Torchic at the beginning of this game, because we'll be able to get Torchic later this generation.

I'm not saying that we're not getting third-gen remakes. I'm just saying that it's not "inevitable". At least, it's no more "inevitable" than it was last generation, when everyone thought it was "inevitable".
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#4WiCcAnOfEaRtH(Topic Creator)Posted 8/9/2013 10:38:18 AM
Then why not just make a remake of the gen 3 games? Not insinuate it by bolstering 3 pokemon that are supposed to be balanced among the generations.

The franchise itself has been going on for roughly 17 years. It's getting to a fragile stage in the fandom where anything too unnatural will possibly ruin a majority of the fans views of it. The Fairy type caused a stir for a while, but was ultimately quelled after they announced it's strength over Dragon.

With that, they've started designing pokemon in what looks like plain desperation. Some like Sylveon, Noivern, the starters and the legendaries, have that tradition (if not modernized) pokemon feel to them. While others like Oorotto, Swirlix, Flabebe, and Spritzee look to me like last resort ideas.

I love the franchise, always have and probably always will. But they have to remember where they have stood since the beginning, Starter Pokemon are supposed to be balanced to each other. Upping one without upping the others will cause imbalance between them which may wreck the lot of starters and what they are supposed to be.

I'm not pushing that the franchise is going to die anytime soon, but if the Mega-Evolution thing along with the Fairy type and anything else new with the game is done wrong, it could toll the beginning of the end for the Pokemon franchise.
---
#5raazychxPosted 8/9/2013 10:40:16 AM
WiCcAnOfEaRtH posted...
Then why not just make a remake of the gen 3 games? Not insinuate it by bolstering 3 pokemon that are supposed to be balanced among the generations.

The franchise itself has been going on for roughly 17 years. It's getting to a fragile stage in the fandom where anything too unnatural will possibly ruin a majority of the fans views of it. The Fairy type caused a stir for a while, but was ultimately quelled after they announced it's strength over Dragon.

With that, they've started designing pokemon in what looks like plain desperation. Some like Sylveon, Noivern, the starters and the legendaries, have that tradition (if not modernized) pokemon feel to them. While others like Oorotto, Swirlix, Flabebe, and Spritzee look to me like last resort ideas.

I love the franchise, always have and probably always will. But they have to remember where they have stood since the beginning, Starter Pokemon are supposed to be balanced to each other. Upping one without upping the others will cause imbalance between them which may wreck the lot of starters and what they are supposed to be.

I'm not pushing that the franchise is going to die anytime soon, but if the Mega-Evolution thing along with the Fairy type and anything else new with the game is done wrong, it could toll the beginning of the end for the Pokemon franchise.

Would you just... please... shut up?
#6WiCcAnOfEaRtH(Topic Creator)Posted 8/9/2013 10:42:23 AM
raazychx posted...
WiCcAnOfEaRtH posted...

No.
---
#7Genericgamer667Posted 8/9/2013 10:44:25 AM
Wait you think the starters were ever balanced to each other? Wow just wow
---
3DS FC: 4940-5445-8767
It is a remake, not my fault you people think ports are remakes (but only on Nintendo systems)-Demondog666 on Kid Icarus Uprising
#8KajagogoPosted 8/9/2013 10:44:52 AM
raazychx posted...
WiCcAnOfEaRtH posted...

Why should s/he shut up? You don't like hearing the truth?
#9kingjam1Posted 8/9/2013 10:45:27 AM
I agree completely. I hope that stupid flaming chicken isn't the only starter to get a Mega Evolution it seems horribly imbalanced and unfair to the other starters.
---
Can't think of anything
#10Safer_777Posted 8/9/2013 10:50:24 AM
I am late to the party but what is exactly a mega evolution?It is a 4th form?I thought we wouldn't go Digimon here.But it is only on battles and it isn't permanent?And the pokemon have increased stats?I just don't get it.
---
GameFaqs is NOT the place to go for relationship advice.Nobody here gets any action unless it is their right or left hand.Including me.~Dawn and Dusk~