This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Picture yourself as a kid with mega forms being announced for Gold/Silver.

#1-Jammo-Posted 8/9/2013 12:40:27 PM
9 year olds perspective "Wow cool I can't wait to see what these "mega forms" are!"

23 year old who still follows pokemon perspective "Damnit Gamefreak stop giving me excuses to compare you to the antichrist! You've ruined this game forever... AGAIN!!"
---
"The truth is never a laughing matter." bigdsd08
A wise proverb. Nothing in real life is worth smiling over...ever. LOL
#2D_BartPosted 8/9/2013 12:42:05 PM
These kinds of topics would actually make sense if people were being overwhelmingly negative.

But they aren't. Like, at all.
---
Splash
#3kaiser ryuPosted 8/9/2013 12:44:44 PM
D_Bart posted...
These kinds of topics would actually make sense if people were being overwhelmingly negative.

Is it okay to "this" something this early? Though I do see TCs point, a bit. My niece and nephew think mega forms sound awesome. I'm reserved, mostly due to just wanting to see how this is going to be fully implemented.

But yeah, overall the reception has seemed pretty positive.
---
The Tales of series needs more love in America.
Won't change sig until Namco gets wise. Started: 9/8/06
#4Katharina27Posted 8/9/2013 12:44:50 PM
If Mega forms came out when I was a kid, there would have been a lawsuit between Pokemon and Digimon.
---
I am guilty of being an insufferable smart ass!
Too many people I know would be perfectly content to burn me for a witch.
#5ZTIger5Posted 8/9/2013 12:45:36 PM
<- Christian with Christian parents.

I've been playing since Gen 1 and we never had a problem with Pokemon evolution. Mainly because it's the furthest thing from actual evolutionary theory. Even my dad got into it for a while and we would frequently play the TCG against each other.
---
Playing) FE: Awakening, Guild Wars 2. Skyrim, Pokemon White 2, Harvest Moon 11
Waiting) Pokemon XY, Batman: Arkham Origins, Titanfall, PvZ Garden Warfare
#6MaplesGrandGMPosted 8/9/2013 12:46:36 PM
Katharina27 posted...
If Mega forms came out when I was a kid, there would have been a lawsuit between Pokemon and Digimon.

Except, they don't really cross any significant enough lines for that to happen. At worst, they might need a different name. Besides, Digimon still exists, if they can't sue now, why would they have been able to then?
#7DeitylightPosted 8/9/2013 12:46:49 PM
The only reason they got flak back in the day was because pokemon was confused with the Megaten series lol.
#8LexifoxPosted 8/9/2013 12:50:10 PM
So we're clear... G/S being announced? That's when the Digimon vs Pokemon rivalry was at its high point and "Mega Digimon" were showing up.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#9GlitterGunsPosted 8/9/2013 12:52:08 PM(edited)
Honestly, as a 24 year old, I screamed aloud in jubilee at the sight of the fabulous & flaw-free Mega Ampharos!

I swear if this diva existed in my youth, Jynx would be picking garbage at the curb of Cerulean City in Yellow.

No comment on the others though.
I accept them as they are beautiful in their own way, but they definitely weren't born that way.
#10DrakoVongola1Posted 8/9/2013 12:52:10 PM
D_Bart posted...

This.

The reactions to these Mega forms have been shockingly positive.
---
Official leader of the Illuminati.