This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So basically mega-pokemon are replacing event pokemon (sort of?)?

#1necromencer3227Posted 8/9/2013 3:18:26 PM
I like this idea.

Instead of getting a random pokemon with a new ability, we could be getting mega-forms of pokemon that is impossible otherwise.

XD

#REKT
#2-hotdogturtle--Posted 8/9/2013 3:19:36 PM(edited)
Well, no, it's just an event item, just like some of the key items from the past games.

Also we don't know whether the Mega Stones are key items or normal items (affecting whether or not they're able to be traded).
---
Hey man, LlamaGuy did encrypt the passwords.
With what? ROT-13? -CJayC
#3P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 8/9/2013 3:19:40 PM
What do you mean? The only Mega Stone that's currently confirmed to not be in-game is Blazikens. From the sounds of it, every other Mega Stone will be found somewhere inside the games themselves, rather than as events
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
#4EnferolunosPosted 8/9/2013 3:19:44 PM
I like baseless speculation too
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFXV, KHIII
Don't start unbelieving! Never do not feel your feelings!
#5TranquilSeaPosted 8/9/2013 3:19:55 PM
More likely being done alongside event Pokemon. As long as they're wi-fi distributions, I don't mind.
---
standing on the edge of the world
and I dont want you to catch me
#6waterpkmaster06Posted 8/9/2013 3:21:01 PM
No because our first event pokemon is torchic and im sure there will be event shinies and legends like usual right well u wouldn't i don't own many events and i didn't get them myself.
---
I will become the best water type pokemon trainer believe it!!! B1FC- 0691-4038-4139 Name: Jalen
#7necromencer3227(Topic Creator)Posted 8/9/2013 3:24:18 PM
TranquilSea posted...
More likely being done alongside event Pokemon. As long as they're wi-fi distributions, I don't mind.

Well yeah, I can see ordinary event pokemon happening.

But it would be quite strange for GF to just release one exclusive mega-pokemon at the very start of a 2-3 year game.

I don't know if the other released mega-forms are able to be obtained in-game, but we can say for sure that Mega-Ken is exclusive to this event (and any subsequent repeated events)

What's stopping them from releasing other exclusive mega-forms (unannounced)?

Think about how nice this would be:

-3ds not hacked yet
-Nobody knows total amount of pokemon (mega don't appear on the pokedex as a separate entity)
-Nintendo announces that X pokemon will be given in an event on Y day
-Uproar from community due to unexpected news.
#8-hotdogturtle--Posted 8/9/2013 3:26:05 PM

Nothing. I'm sure that they will give out other not-yet-known Mega Stones. But your topic asked about replacing event Pokemon, which they're most likely not going to do. There will be both event Pokemon and event items given out in the game's lifespan.
---
Hey man, LlamaGuy did encrypt the passwords.
With what? ROT-13? -CJayC
#9necromencer3227(Topic Creator)Posted 8/9/2013 3:28:13 PM
-hotdogturtle-- posted...

Nothing. I'm sure that they will give out other not-yet-known Mega Stones. But your topic asked about replacing event Pokemon, which they're most likely not going to do. There will be both event Pokemon and event items given out in the game's lifespan.

I also said: basically

Not implying that this is a fact, but very likely.

Replace is just a hyperbole in retrospect