This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Mega Evolution Clarification

#1ZTIger5Posted 8/10/2013 8:03:07 AM(edited)
Serebii recently posted that with the update of the Japanese site, there's been a few more details about Mega Evolution:

First is that you can only Mega Evolve 1 Pokemon each battle; most likely as a balancing mechanism.

Second is that Mega Evolutions will revert to their regular form when battle ends (doesn't specify what happens if the Mega Pokemon is removed from battle).

Edit: The part about Mega Evolution occurring at the start of battle isn't there anymore, so unfortunately either I misread the post, or Serebii misinterpreted the update on the Japanese site and fixed it. With such being the case, we still don't know when or how exactly to trigger Mega Evolution. I'm very sorry to have confused everyone.
---
Playing) FE: Awakening, Guild Wars 2. Skyrim, Pokemon White 2, Harvest Moon 11
Waiting) Pokemon XY, Batman: Arkham Origins, Titanfall, PvZ Garden Warfare
#2CaptainRandom1Posted 8/10/2013 6:48:23 AM
ZTIger5 posted...

Second is that Mega Evolutions will trigger automatically when the Pokemon enters battle holding their respective Mega Stone, and they revert to their regular form when battle ends (doesn't specify if the Mega Pokemon is returned to the party).

I really hope this is true.
---
3DS FC 4253-3597-1691
#3R0cks0l1ddPosted 8/10/2013 6:49:29 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4Wynters387Posted 8/10/2013 6:55:01 AM(edited)
Sad about only one per battle. I love all 6...
#5R0cks0l1ddPosted 8/10/2013 6:50:30 AM
ZTIger5 posted...
Second is that Mega Evolutions will trigger automatically when the Pokemon enters battle holding their respective Mega Stone,

I don't see this part.
---
Official everything of every board.
#6Hierarchy225Posted 8/10/2013 6:53:13 AM
ZTIger5 posted...

Second is that Mega Evolutions will trigger automatically when the Pokemon enters battle holding their respective Mega Stone, and they revert to their regular form when battle ends (doesn't specify if the Mega Pokemon is returned to the party).

I hope this is true. It would suck if the Pokemon could revert back in the middle of battle.

As for the first clarification I can understand why they would do that. Even though I really wanted MegaBlaziken, and MegaLucario in my team.
---
The Official MegaLucario of the Pokemon X Board
3DS Friend Code 1993-7813-6870
#7Noctus3Posted 8/10/2013 7:03:35 AM(edited)
What happens if a Poke uses Knock Off?
---
**** you SE for trolling us with that TWEWY port. I hate you.
#8Hierarchy225Posted 8/10/2013 7:04:14 AM
Noctus3 posted...

No one knows. Hopefully nothing.
---
The Official MegaLucario of the Pokemon X Board
3DS Friend Code 1993-7813-6870
#9ZTIger5(Topic Creator)Posted 8/10/2013 7:09:44 AM
Noctus3 posted...

Assuming Mega Stones can be removed from their holders, they would likely revert to their normal form. I've heard there are certain items aren't affected by moves like Knock Off and Trick, so perhaps it will be like that. Losing it in a battle with a NPC would be horrible, considering there's only one of each Mega Stone, as it would be supposedly lost forever.
---
Playing) FE: Awakening, Guild Wars 2. Skyrim, Pokemon White 2, Harvest Moon 11
Waiting) Pokemon XY, Batman: Arkham Origins, Titanfall, PvZ Garden Warfare
#10P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 8/10/2013 7:12:04 AM
Well, I'm assuming they'll work like a Griseous Orb on Giratina, where it can't be knocked off

That said, I thought this was how they were going to work, so I'm ok with only one per battle
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.