This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Kangaskhan's Baby Confirmed Not To Be Cubone

#11GensokyoPosted 8/10/2013 9:21:57 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#12JarickoPosted 8/10/2013 9:22:44 AM
KogaSteelfang posted...
Baby Kangaskhan has an Chansey like egg pouch.
Cubone does not.

Till now, we had no idea what the baby's body looked like outside the pouch.
There are notable differences between Cubone and the baby.

EDIT: My bad, it's not a pouch. It's just a scale or something.
Still Cubone doesn't have it.

Pretty sure the show has shown baby kangaskhan before. And all of the claims that people use to disprove the theory are easily explained. They could easily make minor changes after they made cubone to make them not look that similar.
---
Rotom Fan With an Air Balloon
YO DOG i heard you like yo Rotom's High. So i gave it a balloon so it can be fly while he high while he way up in the sky! Dog!
#13moneyman82(Topic Creator)Posted 8/10/2013 9:29:15 AM
Gensokyo posted...

I'm glad you deleted your post. For those who didn't see, Mr. Sir here posted, in a rude manner, that anyone with eyes would know that it was already confirmed that Kangaskhan's baby wasn't a cubone.

In rebuttal, I would state that we have seen the baby, for the first time, in it's true, full form. It could have had "I grow into a Cubone" written on its stomach and you nor I would have known. Thus, I consider this to be, finally, full confirmation.

Nice try tho srsly gud effert 9/10
---
The mystery of the beginning of all things is insoluble by us; and I for one must be content to remain an agnostic.
Charles Darwin
#14CalciferJenkinsPosted 8/10/2013 9:33:18 AM
Have we seen it in its true form? Isn't this its Mega Form/Evolution? I'm not saying it is Cubone, but I don't see the explicit confirmation saying it isn't.
---
Thank you, gentlemen! Someday, I will repay you. Unless, of course, I can't find you or if I forget.
#15BiscuitBoyIVPosted 8/10/2013 9:35:20 AM
Yorkster posted...
Hierarchy225 posted...
Yorkster posted...
Why would an animal not wearing its mothers skull look like an animal wearings its mothers skull?

Nothing is confirmed.

Baby(Mega)Kangaskhan is purple. Cubone is not.

A baby duck is yellow and turns white.

We have always known the baby was purple/grey. We have always known adult Khanghaskan are brown. We have never known at what point in life thie color change occurs. Is it so unlikely that Cubone could still be baby khangkashkan that have grown old enough to have the color change?

Plus, it's not unreasonable to think that Cubone might have changed slightly in appearance due to survival without his mother's nurturing.
---
Ginger and proud.
#16GensokyoPosted 8/10/2013 9:47:39 AM(edited)
moneyman82 posted...
Gensokyo posted...

I'm glad you deleted your post. For those who didn't see, Mr. Sir here posted, in a rude manner, that anyone with eyes would know that it was already confirmed that Kangaskhan's baby wasn't a cubone.

In rebuttal, I would state that we have seen the baby, for the first time, in it's true, full form. It could have had "I grow into a Cubone" written on its stomach and you nor I would have known. Thus, I consider this to be, finally, full confirmation.

Nice try tho srsly gud effert 9/10

Lolno. I commented about your lack of eyes. Nice try taking advantage of my deleted post, though.
#17KogaSteelfangPosted 8/10/2013 9:51:57 AM(edited)
CalciferJenkins posted...
Have we seen it in its true form? Isn't this its Mega Form/Evolution? I'm not saying it is Cubone, but I don't see the explicit confirmation saying it isn't.

The Mega Kangaskhan has absolutely no change in it's appearance though.
The only change is that the baby comes out and attacks too.

Sure, it's possible that it's not the baby's true form, but with no differences in its mother's appearance, I sincerely doubt the baby would "evolve" just to come out of the pouch, then "devolve" back into the pouch after the battle.
---
3ds FC: 0817-3909-5696. PSN Grindpantera.
If you add me, please send a PM with your code.
#18CalciferJenkinsPosted 8/10/2013 9:54:31 AM
KogaSteelfang posted...
CalciferJenkins posted...

The Mega Kangaskhan has absolutely no change in it's appearance though.
The only change is that the baby comes out and attacks too.

Sure, it's possible that it's not the baby's true form, but with no differences in its mother's appearance, I sincerely doubt the baby would "evolve" just to come out of the pouch, then "devolve" back into the pouch after the battle.

This is possible. If I'm honest, I'm not very familiar with the appearance of the baby Kangaskhan, so I thought the appearance may have been altered. It sounds less likely than I thought, thank you for explaining.
---
Thank you, gentlemen! Someday, I will repay you. Unless, of course, I can't find you or if I forget.
#19MasterPeteDiddyPosted 8/10/2013 10:05:31 AM
The baby does "evolve" a little with the mega evolution, and the scale on its stomach is new. You can see baby Kangaskhan in its entirety in any 3d game since stadium, the anime and manga. Also, if the mega evolution baby represents a stage between infancy and adulthood, it apparently loses the scale before growing fully, since adult Kangaskhan don't have it. Cubone still totally fits snugly between them.
#20KogaSteelfangPosted 8/10/2013 10:16:05 AM
MasterPeteDiddy posted...
The baby does "evolve" a little with the mega evolution, and the scale on its stomach is new. You can see baby Kangaskhan in its entirety in any 3d game since stadium, the anime and manga. Also, if the mega evolution baby represents a stage between infancy and adulthood, it apparently loses the scale before growing fully, since adult Kangaskhan don't have it. Cubone still totally fits snugly between them.

I was unaware of this.
Still it seems odd that the baby would evolve a scale on it's belly just to come out, with no other notable differences at all on either of them.

Also note that egg can hatch directly into a Cubone.
The only way Cubone can be a 2nd stage would be if it evolved in the egg due to lack of a mother.
I'm not sure they're ready to introduce prebirth evos yet.
---
3ds FC: 0817-3909-5696. PSN Grindpantera.
If you add me, please send a PM with your code.