This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

With all these Mega Pokemon being announced, is it implied that...

#1levyjl1988Posted 8/10/2013 1:12:50 PM
all Pokemon will have Mega Evolutions? or only select few?
ie) Since Blaziken has a mega evolution, is it expected that Charizard would have one too? or What about Latias or Latios? etc.
---
I hate games with bad game design
#2JackSolomonPosted 8/10/2013 1:14:13 PM
People are hoping that since Blaziken gets a Mega, all starters will. I find that unlikely, but I'm all for it happening.

I find it immensely unlikely that ALL Pokemon will get a Mega Evolution. There's what? Over seven hundred by this point? I can't imagine that'd leave a bunch of time for designing new Pokemon for this gen.
#3aznStaRBoYPosted 8/10/2013 1:17:38 PM
Serebii already confirmed that not all Pokemon will have mega formes.
---
[This message was deleted by a gameFAQs moderator]
#4DeitylightPosted 8/10/2013 1:21:01 PM
aznStaRBoY posted...
Serebii already confirmed that not all Pokemon will have mega formes.

The ones that aren't to their final stages most likely won;t get a mega form but who knows.
#5SorceressTharjaPosted 8/10/2013 1:22:00 PM
I'm hoping all fully evolved get megas.
#6Nardjr16Posted 8/10/2013 2:00:07 PM
JackSolomon posted...
People are hoping that since Blaziken gets a Mega, all starters will. I find that unlikely, but I'm all for it happening.

I find it immensely unlikely that ALL Pokemon will get a Mega Evolution. There's what? Over seven hundred by this point? I can't imagine that'd leave a bunch of time for designing new Pokemon for this gen.

People also found it immensely unlikely that there would be a fairy type or that a starter could evolve. By this time people should know with the amount of big changes that theyre making to the series is that what was once looked at as unlikeIy is very likely. I think if this gen has taught us anything is that anything could happen
#7perfectchaos83Posted 8/10/2013 2:07:11 PM
I have a feeling that all the starters will have a Mega Evolution, but if Blaziken's is an item not ingame, then the others might not either with the exception of Gen VI starters.

I also believe most Pokemon will get a Mega Evolution with exceptions for things like Relicanth and other NFE pokemon.
---
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb303/metallic_trance/fashionista.png
Bianca and Noel have swapped clothes! By metallic_trance. :3
#8RatheVPosted 8/10/2013 2:10:06 PM
Personally, I'm hopeful that this gen they'll start patching/updating things, so that even if the game doesn't launch with certain pokemon having mega-forms, they could always be added in later.

Even if it's DLC, I personally would prefer that to having to wait until the next gen/game for anything to change.
#9YungJayePosted 8/10/2013 2:10:42 PM
Well since Mewtwo had a Mega Form, its possible for other Legends to get Mega Forms too, that might even be the theme of Pokemon Z or Pokemon X2, Y2, nvm let me stfu bout that. Either way just because Blaziken got a Mega doesnt mean the whole Starter population gets them, if anything they might choose 1 starter from each gen to get a Mega. In that case, Squirtle, Cyndaquil, Piplup & Snivy are my choices.
---
Official Moltres of the Pokemon X/Y Message Boards
#10pokemonzeroPosted 8/10/2013 3:44:46 PM
YungJaye posted...
Well since Mewtwo had a Mega Form, its possible for other Legends to get Mega Forms too, that might even be the theme of Pokemon Z or Pokemon X2, Y2, nvm let me stfu bout that. Either way just because Blaziken got a Mega doesnt mean the whole Starter population gets them, if anything they might choose 1 starter from each gen to get a Mega. In that case, Squirtle, Cyndaquil, Piplup & Snivy are my choices.

Why would you want NFE pokemon to get Mega evolutions
MegaSquirtle, MegaCyndaquil, MegaPiplup, and MegaSnivy are bad Choices

I would rather
Gen-1 MegaCharizard or MegaBlastoise
Gen 2- MegaTyplosion or MegaFeraligatr
Gen 3-MegaSceptile(Yes I know 1 from this gen is announced)
Gen 4- MegaInfernape or MegaEmpoleon
Gen 5-They all need it
---
I got post 501 once
Please Save my dragonCave Eggs/hatchlings http://dragcave.net/user/-Latios-