This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fairy type will not be overpowered

#1djmetal777Posted 8/10/2013 7:01:25 PM
So what it can take out dragons what about the other 17 types? dark was not overpowered when it could take out psychics which were overpowered back then and dont say gen 2 nerfed the psychics so its diffrent its not cause dragons arent as overpowered as gen 1 psychics
---
Official Nascour of B2/W2 Boards
Official Scyther of B2/W2 Boards
#2LightningHawk90Posted 8/10/2013 7:02:48 PM
But what about a MEGA FAIRY?
---
Hi. I'm RageKaiser. I'm here to ruin your unfunny topics.
#3EdwardoMario16Posted 8/10/2013 7:05:31 PM
The Fairy-Type is weak to the main STAB of what currently the most-used Pokemon in OU (Scizor). Not to mention Jirachi, Magnezone, and Metagross

Fairies won't be rampaging through OU anytime soon.
---
This is the worst bird yet.
White 2 FC: 3483 0523 8765
#4Hierarchy225Posted 8/10/2013 7:06:56 PM(edited)
MegaMawile cackles madly at pain she will undoubtedly inflict on all your Pokes.

I mean Steel/Fairy is pretty great, plus she gets sucker punch, and swords dance.

I hope Fairy is neutral against Steel, that would just make it better.
---
The Official MegaLucario of the Pokemon X Board
3DS Friend Code 1993-7813-6870
#5LeebeenitePosted 8/10/2013 7:08:00 PM
I heard that fairy types are getting machine guns and lasers.

GG dragons.
#6kingtracePosted 8/10/2013 7:25:48 PM
Fairy, in my opinion, does nothing but help balance of the game, according to the leaker's chart, which is:

Super Effective Against: Dragon, Dark, Fighting
Resisted by: Fire, Psychic
Weak Against: Poison, Steel
Resists: We don't know yet
Immunities: Dragon

So, it adds a new weakness to two of the best types in the game, Fighting and Dragon. Meanwhile, it breaks the "no weakness" status of Ghost/Dark, which is nice.

Fire and Psychic are currently crappy defensive types, so giving them another resistance helps balance the game immensely.

Poison and Steel are bad offensive types currently, so this could only help the game.

Finally, Dragon is so scary mainly because only Steel resists. I like this about Fairy.
---
I'm an Atheist, and I'm damn proud of it.
If that offends you for whatever reason, shoot me a PM and I'll correct your misconception.
#7agent9149Posted 8/10/2013 7:28:19 PM
No ones saying fairies are going to be overpowered. But they are saying that fairies will kick dragon's but.
#8megaman_xdudePosted 8/13/2013 5:49:57 PM
If fairies are immune to Dragons they will stop/counter the most overpowered type in the game, that means no more skill less Dragon Dance Outrage spamming. So I guess that takes care of one problem but they need to still take care of the other boarder line broken things like Stealth Rocks, stupid abilities coupled with far to powerful moves (Ex: Dragonites Mutiscale combined with Roost Dragon Dance and Outrage) and overpowered attacks (Ex: V-Create) that pretty much grantee one hit kills and promotes spamming, The Auto Weather Starters abilities need limitations and retarded buffing move (Ex: Shellsmash and white herb) these things are taking the skill and tactic out of Pokemon and needs to be addressed.

And please think about your reply before trolling.
---
--I'm a warrior, I destroy Trollers and Fanboys with the power of common sense...
a power they don't possess!