This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The official site kinda implies you can mega evolve mid battle...

#1Zero97Posted 8/11/2013 7:03:46 PM
M.Ampharos description:

changing type in the middle of battle can throw your opponent for a loop and garner your significant advantage

http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/pokemon/mega_pokemon/
---
3DS: 0173-1416-4513
NNID: Zero97
#2CaptainRandom1Posted 8/11/2013 7:04:59 PM
Yeah I saw that. it probably requires a turn or a special condition. This kind of throws the "all other pokemon are fainted for mega" theory out the window.
---
3DS FC 4253-3597-1691
#3DweezleMoonunitPosted 8/11/2013 7:05:02 PM
Yeah. We've known that for a while. They evolve in battle and devolve when the battle ends. That's their gimmick.
---
Imma be hte best GaemFQAs evr!
Official Best Ever of the Pokemon X Board
#4Zero97(Topic Creator)Posted 8/11/2013 7:06:04 PM
DweezleMoonunit posted...
Yeah. We've known that for a while. They evolve in battle and devolve when the battle ends. That's their gimmick.

We or.. I, Always though they change automatically when thrown in battle.
---
#5CaptainRandom1Posted 8/11/2013 7:07:40 PM

We actually didn't know that the pokemon can play in battle without its Mega Form. The site implies that it is thunder one turn, and then it is dragon the next turn.
---
3DS FC 4253-3597-1691
#6DweezleMoonunitPosted 8/11/2013 7:08:21 PM
Zero97 posted...

Official site states that there are other requirements to be met in battle, probably different for each Mega. Like raise Attack by a certain amount in battle while holding Dunsparcenite to get MegaDunsparce.
---
#7Zero97(Topic Creator)Posted 8/11/2013 7:12:50 PM
Zero97 posted...

Official site states that there are other requirements to be met in battle, probably different for each Mega. Like raise Attack by a certain amount in battle while holding Dunsparcenite to get MegaDunsparce.

I thought the requirements were to be met outside of battle :/ like.. doing something to the pokemon, certain level, EV train a certain stat, etc.
---
#8CaptainRandom1Posted 8/11/2013 7:14:06 PM
Zero97 posted...
Zero97 posted...

I thought the requirements were to be met outside of battle :/ like.. doing something to the pokemon, certain level, EV train a certain stat, etc.

No. We don't know what the conditions are, but we do know that the pokemon evolves in the battle.
---
3DS FC 4253-3597-1691
#9Zero97(Topic Creator)Posted 8/11/2013 7:15:36 PM(edited)
CaptainRandom1 posted...
Zero97 posted...
Zero97 posted...

No. We don't know what the conditions are, but we do know that the pokemon evolves in the battle.

I knew that..

Guys >_> what is it with you?
---
#10DweezleMoonunitPosted 8/11/2013 7:16:53 PM
Zero97 posted...
Zero97 posted...

I don't know, but the wording they use seems to indicate something you do in battle. Plus, if you evolve it outside of battle, what would the point be of making it devolve when the battle is over? They could of just made them normal evolutions then. I think the point of Mega Evos is to make some Pokemon more unpredictable in battle, and randomly evolving halfway through seems like a good way of doing that.
---