This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

It's Official Now It's Digimon Ripp Off!

#31mehmetskiPosted 8/12/2013 2:19:28 AM
beebarb posted...
ashcrv posted...
Digimon came first brah.

Do I have to repeat myself?

Pokemon first came out in 1996.
Digimon first came out in 1997.
Pokemon's concept started in 1990.
Digimon's concept started in 1995.

Pokemon came first. It only takes a few minutes worth of research to find this out.

digimon is the evolution of tamagotchis and you dont want to tell me they came after pokemon, do you?
---
Xerneas, the gay-pride Pokemon
#32beebarbPosted 8/12/2013 2:29:28 AM
mehmetski posted...
beebarb posted...
ashcrv posted...
Digimon came first brah.

Do I have to repeat myself?

Pokemon first came out in 1996.
Digimon first came out in 1997.
Pokemon's concept started in 1990.
Digimon's concept started in 1995.

Pokemon came first. It only takes a few minutes worth of research to find this out.

digimon is the evolution of tamagotchis and you dont want to tell me they came after pokemon, do you?

I knew someone would eventually bring this into the argument...

Digimon wasn't the 'evolution' of the tamagotchi, though it was initially prototyped as a boys-only tamagotchi. The Tamagotchi continues to this day as a seperate device, though made by the same company, they are independent of each other.

Digimon is widely considered to be it's own independent franchise, and although it has connections to the longer running Tamagotchi, it's true beginnings were in 1995.
---
I gave up and did the 3DS transfer anyway...
3DS XL FC: 2492-4470-1418 / White 2 FC: 0047-4149-5185 / White FC: 0348-0626-6780
#33MKman9495Posted 8/12/2013 3:02:08 AM
Hmmmmmm....

Time for a digimon quote.

Ahem.

"Sadness isn't necessary you know, It can just be deleted."
---
3Ds FC: 3909 7969 1230
#34soulesslaplacePosted 8/13/2013 11:38:02 PM
Now guess what this seems like a shock but digimon beat pokemon to this and the creators of digimon should be sueing the the hell out of pokemon for this. Digimon did armor digivoling way before this mega bull. Sorry pokemon try again. Digimon came first with the item to armor digivolve and now the mega stone comes out what ever right.
---
Gt soulesslaplace psn soulesslaplace
#35AlI_About_The_UPosted 8/13/2013 11:38:40 PM
When he digivolves he becomes champion level.

Ah
---
http://i.imgur.com/Fd6pTd6.jpg
#36ChaosMew161Posted 8/13/2013 11:43:02 PM
ashcrv posted...
Ampharos Evolves Into... Mega Ampharos!
Seem Familiar?
Agumon Shinka... Greymon!
Or In English
Agumon Evolves Into... Greymon!
Oh You Want The Dub Version?
Agumon Digivolves To... Greymon!
Yeah The Dub Got It Wrong.
This Mega Stuff Is Digimon Rip Off And I Just Proved It.
Good Day People!

Wow You Can't Stop Annoying Me And I Just Proved It.
Good Day People!

/srsly, typing like that gives me an e-headache
---
When it comes to Pokemon, I like Generation V more than Generation I.
Flame me.
#37TuokoPosted 8/13/2013 11:54:34 PM
Well... To be honest. Pokemon isn't really ripping off of Digimon. They're just using overused ideas, really.

"Temporary evolutions".

Digimon doesn't really own that ^ .w.
#38pokemega32Posted 8/13/2013 11:57:27 PM(edited)
Helban posted...
Direct or not, a rip off is a rip off. Digimon was originally a Tamagotchi style game that only became what it is after Pokemon made it big; more elaborate evolution's, video games, trading cards, anime, and toys.

Pokemon was already big when Digimon began.

The initial video games were still virtual pets.

The anime was about as far away from Pokemon's anime as you could possibly get.

And what does "more elaborate evolutions" even mean?

The virtual pets evolved through five stages, with different possibilities based on how well you raised them.

The anime introduced the concept of artificial temporary evolution, in which an individual Digimon always evolved into the same Digimon.

I don't see how that is "more elaborate."

You act like Digimon started as one thing and then tried to be another when Pokemon came out.

While Digimon was obviously riding off of Pokemon's popularity, that doesn't mean it was a rip-off.

soulesslaplace posted...
Now guess what this seems like a shock but digimon beat pokemon to this and the creators of digimon should be sueing the the hell out of pokemon for this. Digimon did armor digivoling way before this mega bull. Sorry pokemon try again. Digimon came first with the item to armor digivolve and now the mega stone comes out what ever right.

I wasn't aware Evolutionary Stones never existed.

And even if they didn't, "plot item that makes character change into more powerful character" is most definitely not something invented by Bandai.
---
When life gives you melons, you know you're dyslexic.
#39wind64aPosted 8/14/2013 12:07:09 AM(edited)
Apparently DBZ, Gundam (you have to come out of the mech sometime and G Gundam overtly had powerups during battle), Precure, Sailor Moon, Winx Club, Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Is This A Zombie, and many others haven't already done temporary transformations. Depending on the conditions it also might even be more similar to Trance mode in FFIX anyway.
---
Badge Case [Time Badge]
StrifeHart is my OTP. services performed at BSC: 2 Riley's Boyfriend on the Pokemon BW2 & X boards. W1 FC: 4170 0917 6393