This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I feel bad for anyone who didnt start off with Gen 1

#1oOo_SOX_oOoPosted 8/12/2013 11:26:28 AM
I couldnt imagine starting off with any other Gen, it would just be so weird.
---
NY JETS
R.I.P. ZYZZ
#2P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 8/12/2013 11:27:18 AM
Why? I started with both Gen 1 and 2 (we had both by the time I started playing), and it never seemed strange to me
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
#3Mynameispaul96Posted 8/12/2013 11:27:22 AM
I feel so bad for people who can't accept other gens.
---
Chespin is the best thing, since sliced bread. LOL
#4Painted_FishPosted 8/12/2013 11:28:34 AM
I started with Crystal. Can I still be cool please? D:
---
NYARGLEBARGLE!
http://tinyurl.com/TheJusticeDance
#5fire_starter05Posted 8/12/2013 11:30:27 AM
Why? Every generation is essentially a restart to the series so it's not like there would be any confusion while playing the newest games. People can also easily go back and play the older generations if they wanted to.
---
This is why Deoxys is uber: http://i.imgur.com/qHEQt
This is a picture of some cute kittens: http://i.imgur.com/wfdOk
#6oOo_SOX_oOo(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2013 11:31:29 AM
Im not here to praise Gen 1, I think Gen 2 was the best. I just feel bad for the people that would have to learn SOOO MUCH.

I actually feel Ruby and Sapphire were better than Red and Blue, so dont get things twisted.
---
NY JETS
R.I.P. ZYZZ
#77656198Posted 8/12/2013 11:32:38 AM
The series has evolved a lot since Red/Blue.
---
PSN: Snycher - Playing: GoW:A, The Witcher, FF14: A Realm Reborn, FF4
I'm a guy gamer, let the shock and awe commence!!!
#8TyranidomegaPosted 8/12/2013 11:35:27 AM
oOo_SOX_oOo posted...
Im not here to praise Gen 1, I think Gen 2 was the best. I just feel bad for the people that would have to learn SOOO MUCH.

I actually feel Ruby and Sapphire were better than Red and Blue, so dont get things twisted.

Should've clarified in your OP, because it sounded like another Old Gen master race card.
But what you're basically saying is that it's gonna be tough for those who just entered Pokemon to kinda retread over the changes the series has undergone
---
Official hot fudge sundae of the IDF
Official Hydreigon of the Pokemon B/W 2 Boards.
#9RotomGuy3Posted 8/12/2013 11:38:07 AM
Started with LeafGreen, does that count?

Anyway, you have to learn just as much in Gen 1. It's not really anything to hard.
#10oOo_SOX_oOo(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2013 11:39:10 AM
Tyranidomega posted...
oOo_SOX_oOo posted...

Should've clarified in your OP, because it sounded like another Old Gen master race card.
But what you're basically saying is that it's gonna be tough for those who just entered Pokemon to kinda retread over the changes the series has undergone

Id feel intimidated if I was entering the series fresh and had to learn about 600+ pokemon. 150 was a lot to learn and discover but for someone to learn over 600+ pokemon, thats a lot of info tbh.
---
NY JETS
R.I.P. ZYZZ