This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I feel bad for anyone who didnt start off with Gen 1

#31TranquilSeaPosted 8/12/2013 4:37:12 PM
TherianReturns posted...
I feel bad for anyone who can't enjoy gens 2 and 3 for the games that they are.

Spoken like a true Pokemon fan.

No seriously. For once, I agree.
---
standing on the edge of the world
and I dont want you to catch me
#32WiseWarrior101Posted 8/12/2013 5:01:21 PM
I started off with Gen 0. I played Pokemon before it even existed. Beat that.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNsSfiTm5yI
My Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 0173-1411-9831
#33HemerukioPosted 8/12/2013 5:05:28 PM
I started with White in gen 5 like a year ago.

No problems identifying Pokemon whatsoever. I can't name them just thinking about them, but I recognize most of them and what their names are with pictures, as well as what each one does, for the most part.

You're really underestimating people, or overestimating the learning curve. x.x
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6nh9mNfm11rnkfgmo1_500.jpg
Gen 5 FemAce is mai waifu.
#34DrakoVongola1Posted 8/12/2013 5:07:48 PM
oOo_SOX_oOo posted...
Tyranidomega posted...
oOo_SOX_oOo posted...
Im not here to praise Gen 1, I think Gen 2 was the best. I just feel bad for the people that would have to learn SOOO MUCH.

I actually feel Ruby and Sapphire were better than Red and Blue, so dont get things twisted.

Should've clarified in your OP, because it sounded like another Old Gen master race card.
But what you're basically saying is that it's gonna be tough for those who just entered Pokemon to kinda retread over the changes the series has undergone

Id feel intimidated if I was entering the series fresh and had to learn about 600+ pokemon. 150 was a lot to learn and discover but for someone to learn over 600+ pokemon, thats a lot of info tbh.

I haven't had much problem learning about all the Pokemon, and this is basically my first game other than Colloseum and XD. Whenever someone mentions one I don't know I just Google it.
---
Official leader of the Illuminati.
#35Master XPosted 8/13/2013 10:09:06 AM
I remember watching Pokemon on SkyOne before I'd got the games (I think, it was on before UK release, right?) and I knew all their names through the Pokerap off by heart. The agony of waiting for the games (both me and my bro have played since Gen 1, one version each). the batteries we went through, it was such a different game to anything we'd ever played.
---
GAMERTAG: Casperstar X "For those of you wondering whether the above made sense, you've just answered your own question."
#36LazHarshawPosted 8/13/2013 10:14:28 AM
The good old days. Mono color, bad sprites, and Missingno.
---
Mega Ampharos' Talent Agent
Client Headshot - http://imgur.com/D90UC4h
#37Samurai-X1Posted 8/13/2013 10:28:15 AM
I started in Generation IV with Platinum, then played Emerald (wasn't mine), Ruby, and Leafgreen. Caught all the Pokemon by the time Soulsilver came out (493). It wasn't as tedious as people made it out to be.
#38Lucis_FerrePosted 8/13/2013 10:35:05 AM
I can sorta agree with this.

Jumping into Pokemon now does feel waaaay more daunting than it did back then.

Though there is also the argument of coming in later means less getting used to the bigger changes, like Phys/Special split, abilities etc.
---
'Success rates are but scientific theory. A brave heart will defy any odds!'
'Don't beg for things, do it yourself or else you won't get anything.'