This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will Game Freak ever change the Grass/Fire/Water starter formula?

#61jayman7Posted 8/15/2013 1:31:17 PM
zen120 posted...
ElementalistZX posted...
waterpkmaster06 posted...
It's the primary type trio and aren't red blue and yellow the primary colors?

Fixed...

RBG are the primary colors in a real-world sense and in computers. RBY are the primary colors in art, because no other colors combine to make them.

Actually not true. You can make red and blue (but not yellow) paint from other colors. Red is magenta + yellow. Blue is magenta + cyan.

The true primary colors of pigments are magenta, yellow, and cyan.

Magenta and cyan are obscure enough colors that this is usually not taught to young children though.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#62EichiroNobunagaPosted 8/15/2013 2:48:21 PM
Bad wording on the poll.

You asked two different questions and left with yes or no answers.
---
"Ponies." - Ares
Check out DIDOG on Youtube here at: http://www.youtube.com/user/DropInDropOutGaming?feature=watch
#63LexifoxPosted 8/15/2013 4:48:41 PM
The_Undying_84 posted...
No, but they should.

Lexifox posted...
No, and they really shouldn't. The G/F/W triangle is a very simple one that's easy to understand, and thus helps newer players.

Who cares, they're going to have to learn anyways, none of the other triangles are that complicated either, and Grass being SE on Water is one of the least intuitive things on the type chart.

The idea of Grass being strong against Water isn't as obvious as the other matchups, but it's easy to infer from the rock-paper-scissors triangle set up and it's not exactly difficult to grasp the idea of plants drinking water.

Also, I care, as do people who understand that games need curves, and wen you create a game you need it to be accessible early on to help people ease into it.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#64SinExDeathPosted 8/15/2013 9:24:13 PM
No. I take a "If it's not broken, don't fix it" stance for my reasoning.

Maybe they could introduce a 4th starter for a "hard mode". This starter would have a severe disadvantage against the first couple of gyms(ex. Psychic starter/Dark gym).
---
Asketh Ky to Sol, "Heaven or Hell?" and Sol, being of Gear did say "Let's Rock."
Roman Cancels 1:14
#65kaiser ryuPosted 8/15/2013 9:52:35 PM
FuneralCake posted...
HermeticJustice posted...
why fighting beats dark, logically makes no sense

It makes a lot of sense if you twist logic around and make up stuff. Which people do. A lot.

No twisting necessary. Dark pokemon use tricks and scare tactics. This typing match up is based around the fight or flight mechanism.

See this video for a visual representation of why fighting beats dark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mXfFTOxbM
---
The Tales of series needs more love in America.
Won't change sig until Namco gets wise. Started: 9/8/06
#66XandrewPosted 8/18/2013 6:42:58 AM
I think it will in gen Vii, There are now six of each type of starter pokemon. That's enough for three teams. I predict that Gen VII will have a trio with the first 18 starters and the player will have to fight them with a new type combination.
---
absence of proof is better proof against than for.
#67koopabros64Posted 8/18/2013 6:58:08 AM
I remember that they were actually going to change it for gen 2 or 3. I don't remember which. Anyway, I don't see them changing it at this point. It's simple and easy to understand.
---
The Platypus, the reason games like spore exist.