This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your reaction: Attract/ Cute Charm works Male to Male.

#31kraznk1dPosted 8/17/2013 6:36:48 PM
we still need transgender pokemon ratios.
#32Rayquaza_is_ZPosted 8/17/2013 6:41:28 PM
Mewtwo_soul posted...
Rayquaza_is_Z posted...
NessEggman posted...
It's the same with the Pokémon.

Like if my friend said "I love Pikachu! It's so cute!" I'm not going to say "NO. You don't love Pikachu, you ONLY LOVE MALE PIKACHU BECAUSE YOU ARE A STRAIGHT FEMALE."

That's stupid.

ITT - We compare "animal/creatures" relationships to beastiality. Yup, makes perfect sense...

That's not what he was saying.

He was saying, that by how most people see "Attraction." (Not love, or sexual actions) (Think more like affection) A person doesn't have to be corrected for them to say "I love Pikachu" (Blurg that leaves a bad taste in my mouth, hate it so much) is gender-removed.

It's not saying you like or greatly like male or female Pikachu, you just like Pikachu.

Though I'm sure you were just kidding, but meh.

Oh no..I get what that person was trying to say and you as well..but comparing "animals" attraction towards one another with our attraction towards them just doesn't make sense for any logical reasoning.
Though I wouldn't mind if they just completely wiped or revamped ALL of the gender-based moves and made it work for any gender.
---
3DS_FC_1907-8641-1413
So excited for October 12th, 2013!
#33Rayquaza_is_ZPosted 8/17/2013 6:42:13 PM
kraznk1d posted...
we still need transgender pokemon ratios.

Azurill to Marill
---
3DS_FC_1907-8641-1413
So excited for October 12th, 2013!
#34Mewtwo_soulPosted 8/17/2013 6:43:54 PM
Rayquaza_is_Z posted...
Mewtwo_soul posted...
Rayquaza_is_Z posted...
NessEggman posted...
It's the same with the Pokémon.

Like if my friend said "I love Pikachu! It's so cute!" I'm not going to say "NO. You don't love Pikachu, you ONLY LOVE MALE PIKACHU BECAUSE YOU ARE A STRAIGHT FEMALE."

That's stupid.

ITT - We compare "animal/creatures" relationships to beastiality. Yup, makes perfect sense...

That's not what he was saying.

He was saying, that by how most people see "Attraction." (Not love, or sexual actions) (Think more like affection) A person doesn't have to be corrected for them to say "I love Pikachu" (Blurg that leaves a bad taste in my mouth, hate it so much) is gender-removed.

It's not saying you like or greatly like male or female Pikachu, you just like Pikachu.

Though I'm sure you were just kidding, but meh.

Oh no..I get what that person was trying to say and you as well..but comparing "animals" attraction towards one another with our attraction towards them just doesn't make sense for any logical reasoning.
Though I wouldn't mind if they just completely wiped or revamped ALL of the gender-based moves and made it work for any gender.

I don't think that was the exact figurate comparison he was making. I was taking it along the lines that females liking females doesn't equate to homo-erotic behavior through affection and that when declaring an affection it doesn't have to be specific as gender avoidance, has nothing to do with true sexuality, but now we're just going way to analytical here.

Why I said meh.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#35Pendragon71037Posted 8/17/2013 6:49:20 PM
Only if the status is renamed from "infatuation" which to me sounds a little too sexual. Also, it's more likely to fail the largerr the user is compared to the target(it's hard to find large things "cute" or "adorable" look at Tyranitar. (Not that TTar learns attract, but you get the point.)
---
Chuck Finley is Forever! People that agree: 5. I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior and am 100% proud of it. Yeah, it's hot, but it's a dry heat.
#36NessEggmanPosted 8/17/2013 7:26:18 PM
lol I made that comment and then left... there's been a lot of discussion since XZD But yeah, what Mewtwo and others are saying is my point -- I don't feel like the move "attraction" needs to have a sexual meaning, and therefore I don't see why it couldn't easily work on same-gendered pairs.

And Pokémon are not animals, they are Pokémon, which differ a lot from animals, especially in the way that they have many human characteristics and seem to express human-like emotion, and even go as far as having the ability to communicate fairly clearly with humans.

And even still, I said nothing of bestiality wtf?? I'm just saying that the wording 'in love with' doesn't necessarily mean it's a sexual or physical attraction, but rather an adoration or appeal. The same way someone might say 'I love Pikachu' just to mean they think all Pikachu are cute (not that they are physically attracted to Pikachu, and thusly only males or something ridiculous like that).

All the time I hear my friends who have young children say stuff like "I'm in love with my baby" and "my baby is the love of my life." Both male and female said to both male and female children, regardless of speaker's sexual orientation... because they're not saying it in a sexual way.

I think that's what the move Attract/Cute Charm should be getting at, and when the game says that one Pokémon is "in love with" and "immobilized by love" it's probably referring to that type of love and not a sexual attraction. It works regardless of egg group, so the Pokémon would not be seeing each other as potential mating partners... and I really doubt a giant female Heatran is going to be having a sexual attraction to a Pichu just because the thing is male.

But rather the move should just be an appeal of cuteness or some other kind of adorable action... which should be able to capture the heart of the opponent regardless of gender, because they're not doing anything sexual and the attraction is not sexual.
---
"Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it."
3DS FC: 2750 1911 5515
#37gamezrochardPosted 8/17/2013 7:41:09 PM
Luce_Imperius posted...
My reaction: I'm 95% tempted to mark this post as flamebait. Luckily this is the 5% where I could care less.

"Couldn't care less", is the term you're looking for.
---
Quoting the Topic Creator's original post is stupid and redundant.
I'm here for intelligent arguments or flaming. It's your job to decipher which.
#38ZTIger5Posted 8/17/2013 7:44:18 PM
PkmTrainerAbram posted...
Obviously this is a topic asking for flame bait and not as dedicated to the battle mechanics as you tried to twist it to be.

As for the topic, no, I wouldn't care much at all.

---
Playing) FE: Awakening, Guild Wars 2. Skyrim, Pokemon White 2, Harvest Moon 11
Waiting) Pokemon XY, Batman: Arkham Origins, Titanfall, PvZ Garden Warfare
#39MasajubPosted 8/17/2013 7:46:24 PM
Of course it should. It's not like when the move is used, the two Pokemon get to know each other and are sufficiently aroused depending on their in-built sexuality.

The just dance a little bit and get charmed by magic. It should work on everything including genderless Pokemon.
#40deathwave21Posted 8/18/2013 8:04:43 AM
Great_Reapette posted...
deathwave21 posted...
Honestly, I wish the whole gender thing had never been introduced.

Suddenly, breeding becomes 11037 times harder. Or something like that.

Actually not. They could have come up with other ways for pokemon to breed. I mean, breeding in a day care center is slightly disturbing in and of itself. They could have been more creative without having to force sex down children's throats. And now that same sex marriage is being recognized, it looks like Game Freak and Nintendo only support opposite gender relationships. Asexual reproduction should have been their path all along.
---
Do you want to go to college for free? Go Marines!