This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Rate my Mega Pokemon ideas

#1GilbertoPosted 8/13/2013 8:22:57 PM
Charizard

Stats: 10% increase in all stats including HP, +10% for every fainted pokemon in your team, for a maximum of 60% increase
Ability: Magic Guard
Typing: Fire / Dragon
New moves: Bioheat Drain (Signature move, 75 base power, 100% accuracy, physical move, fire type; the user's HP is restored by half the damage taken by the target. )

Commentary: Although it's not my favorite pokemon, besides Pikachu, Mewtwo and latter post Gen III pokes, Charizard is indeed one of the greater iconic Pokemon of the franchise ever since its introduction back in 1998, and an all time favorite of a great number of veterans. This is why I made his Mega in a way that would accommodate Charizard as the Trump Card pokemon a la Final Boss reminiscent of the golden days of RBY where this starter was pretty much always your most trusted and highest leveled Pokemon. It emphasizes Mega evolution as your team's last resort, Magic Guard to elude common threats including those susceptible to last-pokemon situations such as Toxic, as well as preventing damage taken by Belly Drum or confusion by Outrage. Being your last pokemon it is imperative to have him a way to recover and for that is Bioheat Drain, a fire typed Drain Punch.

Alakazam

Stats: Enough speed to be on par with base 130 pokemon
Ability: OverPower (Doubles the user's Special Attack)
Typing: no change
New Moves: no new moves

Commentary: What can i say? Alakazam has always been the psychic type's glass cannon (and my second favorite pokemon), sure, boosting an already high stat sounds absurd, but we're talking about the possibly frailest of Megas, Sucker Punch and Pursuit are still its greatest threats.

Hitmonlee

Stats: Increased HP and Defense
Ability: Strength Boost (raises the user's Attack stat by one stage, at the end of each turn in battle. )
New Moves: Triple Kick, Wave Kick (Signature move, 80 base power, 100% accuracy, physical move, fighting type; calculates damage using the user's Attack and the opponent's Special Defense stat )

Commentary: Pretty much self explanatory, raises attack every turn with boosted HP and Defense to survive a little more than a couple of turns. Mach Punch being it's top gun, Bullet Punch for those pesky fairys, and Wave Kick offering new means to deal with physical tanks with low special defense. For some of you this Mega might sound a little OP, but I couldn't pull anything back, Hitmonlee is my favorite pokemon after all.

Flareon
Stats: Increased Attack
Ability: Drought
New Moves: FLARE BLITZ, Solar Beam, Agility (from Eevee), Fire Jet (Fire version of Quick Attack)

Commentary: Flare Blitz FTW, enough said.
---
Battle starts here.
#2AlI_About_The_UPosted 8/13/2013 8:24:03 PM
Which ones have eyepatches?
---
http://i.imgur.com/Fd6pTd6.jpg
#3Gilberto(Topic Creator)Posted 8/13/2013 8:28:13 PM
Charizard has a bionic arm, wing, 1/3 of its face is cyborg, and has a cigarrette that never runs out.

Flareon has a bandana.

Alakazam has a cyclops visor.

Hitmonlee has the eyepatch AND a diagonalish vertical scar across the other eye, aaand a ragged scarf.
---
Battle starts here.
#4AlI_About_The_UPosted 8/13/2013 8:29:56 PM
Hitmonlee is 10/10.

The others vary, from 1/10 to 9.6/10.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Fd6pTd6.jpg
#5Immortal_Chaos7Posted 8/13/2013 8:34:30 PM
Honestly, I'm more curious about creativity of the aesthetics.

What if Castform has a mega evo and becomes a huge cloud that takes the shape of different creatures in different whether conditions? It's ability could summon a random whether effect upon entering battle.
---
Pokemon Diamond-Name:Jack / FC:0043-9308-0032
#6GolurkcanflyPosted 8/13/2013 8:37:26 PM
Sorry, but that's too OP.
---
VIVA LA MEGALUCION!
#7HHDeceptionPosted 8/13/2013 8:42:29 PM
Mega pokemon wont have new moves, just new stats/typing/ability, and that MegaCharizard has two abilities...

I like your ideas though
---
Sound good?
#8Gilberto(Topic Creator)Posted 8/13/2013 8:49:10 PM
Yeah forgot to mention, they can learn the moves in their normal level ups
---
Battle starts here.
#9biohazard151Posted 8/13/2013 9:03:58 PM
Im a casual and just realy care about how they look, theyre type... Not much else

I give this a cyan out of 10.
---
"What is great in man is that he is a bridge and not an end"
#10Gilberto(Topic Creator)Posted 8/13/2013 10:12:47 PM
Up
---
Battle starts here.