This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If you had the chance, would you stop smogon from existing?

#1LightningAce11Posted 8/14/2013 2:32:58 AM
If it just took the press of a button. No tiers, no rules, and no getting your ass whipped by smogonites.

On the minus side, no rules to have a fair game, no one to have a good match against with Pokemon of the same level and no helpful move sets.

What do you choose?
---
"Servant woman, bring me a drying cloth at once!" - Vegeta to Bulma
#2ColtCababaPosted 8/14/2013 2:35:51 AM
While they may be teh devil, I would be so lost on movesets and EV spreads if it weren't for them, so I wouldn't.
---
"Why high five when you can twerk your man asses on each other?" - The Great Narg
http://t.qkme.me/3v7f04.jpg | http://dragcave.net/user/ColtCababa
#3Rad_DudesmanPosted 8/14/2013 2:36:24 AM
No Smogon = no variety

Everyone would use six Ubers.

So, no, I wouldn't.
---
The official rad dude of the Pokemon X board.
#4LexifoxPosted 8/14/2013 2:49:43 AM
Smogon didn't invent competitive battling. There have been "serious" sites all about making competitive Pokemon teams. Azure Heights and Marble Palace predate it. If Smogon never existed we'd still have tiers, moveset databases, etc. under a different name.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#5kaiser ryuPosted 8/14/2013 2:52:32 AM
Smogon is a brilliant fan solution to an inherently imbalanced player vs player environment. It is FAR better than lumping all Pokemon together. Smogon may not be perfect but it's a step in the right direction. Stopping it would regress things immensely.
---
The Tales of series needs more love in America.
Won't change sig until Namco gets wise. Started: 9/8/06
#6Dragoon StarPosted 8/14/2013 3:09:00 AM
Do people even competitive battle on their actual ds or just on those sims? I mean with X/Y you'd be missing out on the glorious 3D but I doubt true comp players would care about that.
---
GameFaqs is NOT the place to go for relationship advice. Nobody here gets any action unless it is their right or left hand. Including me. - Dawn and Dusk
#7RemixV4Posted 8/14/2013 3:23:01 AM
People would still figure out these builds without them. Most of the pokemon on my team were uber tier before I even looked at the site.
---
The heart is shaken more by a single action than a thousand words.
#8LightningAce11(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2013 3:26:18 AM
Would people play competitive on x and y, or just stick with showdown?
---
"Servant woman, bring me a drying cloth at once!" - Vegeta to Bulma
#9spooky96Posted 8/14/2013 3:26:19 AM
lol TC stop being a 10 year old.
---
I have Cloud winning this contest, which means I'll beat most of you...
Nawt gonna happen >_>
#10PK_GamingPosted 8/14/2013 7:44:34 AM
spooky96 posted...
lol TC stop being a 10 year old.

That's like asking a lion not to eat you because you don't eat lions.
---
Check out our Persona 3 Let's Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_Wlm6CGZV8