This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If you had the chance, would you stop smogon from existing?

#11TheMasterTurtlePosted 8/14/2013 7:47:55 AM
Obviously, keep it goin!
---
OFFICIAL WARTORTLE OF THE B/W BOARDS
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThreeAmigosProductio - My short films, please enjoy yourself.
#12Mewtwo_soulPosted 8/14/2013 7:55:16 AM
Lol, even if Smogon didn't exist, bad players would still have their ass handed to them.

It's like stating if Evo/(fighting game competitions) didn't exist, if a competitive SSB player, SSF player, or any other fighter would still whoop your ass. The answer is certainly, and since they would be doing every thing at their discretion you would be annihilated even easier.

So good luck without any rules in a metagame of winning against a better player. (Not that competitive!=Better, but most of the better! players play comppetitive.)
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#13Spartan_VicePosted 8/14/2013 7:59:34 AM
No, plus I like all the arguments using "people still would find a way..." because it essentially implies that without smogon, smogon would eventually form anyways.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Pzq4j.gif
#14Mewtwo_soulPosted 8/14/2013 8:00:37 AM
Spartan_Vice posted...
No, plus I like all the arguments using "people still would find a way..." because it essentially implies that without smogon, smogon would eventually form anyways.

No, but a competitive meta game or a group dedicated to such a cause would.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#15Spartan_VicePosted 8/14/2013 8:03:38 AM
Mewtwo_soul posted...
Spartan_Vice posted...

Which is what Smogon is. So the only difference between this reality and the one people are imagining is that the word "smogon" doesn't exist in the usage it's being used now.
---
#16Mewtwo_soulPosted 8/14/2013 8:07:36 AM
Spartan_Vice posted...
Mewtwo_soul posted...
Spartan_Vice posted...

Which is what Smogon is. So the only difference between this reality and the one people are imagining is that the word "smogon" doesn't exist in the usage it's being used now.

Meh, I was trying to point out that Smogon is just an avatar name (representation name) given to a community using competitive. Which you are correct, in what you said, I was just trying to present for the less knowledgeable users of what it truly meant.

That's my bad.
---
#17DarkKirby2500Posted 8/14/2013 8:13:24 AM
Denial of information to control public opinion and events are NEVER the solution to anything and something I will NEVER support.

I do not agree with all of Smogon's decisions, but I would not choose for people to be ignorant of the imbalances, mechanics, and strategy of the game just because of that.

You are essentially saying ignorance is bliss, which it is, but that doesn't mean people should CHOOSE ignorance because they are happier that way.
---
1. The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him. 2. They're all complacent sheeple.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>
#18Spartan_VicePosted 8/14/2013 8:13:54 AM
Mewtwo_soul posted...
Spartan_Vice posted...
Mewtwo_soul posted...
Spartan_Vice posted...

Meh, I was trying to point out that Smogon is just an avatar name (representation name) given to a community using competitive. Which you are correct, in what you said, I was just trying to present for the less knowledgeable users of what it truly meant.

That's my bad.

Oh no that's completely fair, I was just making an observation anyways.
---