This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it sad i am getting Pokemon X,Y and the Strategy Guide on the same day?

#11RaidenHero(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2013 4:48:09 AM
X_Ayumi_X posted...
I will get the guide for 2 reasons.

1. The art inside
2. The Pokédex because due to it being an international release, I won't know the levels of when Pokémon evolve making it hard for me to know how long to train one or how many I even need.

Don't want to catch a Pokémon and then try to level it to evolve to just find out it doesn't have an evolution at all.

I did that with my Minun and Plusle back on Ruby JPN... not doing that ever again. Got them to 100 and wondered why they didn't turn to their own version of a Raichu.

Number 2..that is a big reason why i am buying the X and Y Guide..
#12NessEggmanPosted 8/15/2013 4:51:40 AM
I'm actually hoping to find out about evolutions the way I did when I was playing RBY the first time.

And no, not watching cartoons...

I mean my friends are all playing, too... and I can be like "Oh, man, have you seen this thing evolve?! How do you get it?!" and stuff like that XZDD

Plus you usually see almost the entire local dex just by playing through the game thoroughly, so you can kind of see the evolutions in the Pokedex and know there must be an evolution... then it's just a matter of figuring it out. I think I'll be able to use some intuition and guess most of them!
---
"Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it."
3DS FC: 2750 1911 5515
#13pixarperfectPosted 8/16/2013 8:49:36 PM
XY to have 3 strategy guides: The Completion Strategy guide (262 pg.), The Story Guide (Nov. 600 pg.), & Kalos Pokédex Guide (Dec, 800 pgs)

Seems like a waste this time around.
---
My 3DS fc: 2809-7944-1929
Feel free to add me, PM me your fc code!
#14DeZAdeePosted 8/16/2013 8:52:02 PM
the only thing that would be sad is if you phapped to the cover art or something fked up like that
---
PSN: DeZA_UK -------------- Sign under the link below for Skull Kid in SSB4:
www.thepetitionsite.com/330/788/124/skull-kid-in-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u3ds/
#15TherianReturnsPosted 8/16/2013 8:57:45 PM
I'm going to get the strategy guide. I always do. To me, they're collectibles.
---
I am the only true Pokemon fan. Find me at: http://www.youtube.com/user/AdventOfTherian/about
3DS FC: 1891 1428 1023 - add for Pokemon X/Y
#16Second_ChancesPosted 8/16/2013 8:59:41 PM
If you're buying both X and Y you're just being silly. No opinion on the guide.
#17KaizukezuPosted 8/16/2013 9:08:45 PM
Nope, TC, not sad at all. I'll likely be doing the exact same thing. However, I'm probably going to use the strategy guide very little. I like being surprised when my rivals come out of nowhere and want to battle. The main thing I'd be using the guide for is to see the levels Pokemon evolve, and if there are the occasional Pokemon that can only be found in certain areas that I'd want to add to my team.

Most of the time I try to talk to every NPC possible, even if they have nothing interesting to say, because you never know when that one random NPC in the middle of nowhere says "Here! Take this [insert item]! There's only one in the game and I want you to have it!" So the strategy guide would be good for those instances as well.
---
3DS Friend Code- 2535-3717-4504
White Friend Code- 0476-3773-4673