This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just found out about mega evolutions

#1doughnutmanPosted 8/15/2013 8:03:42 AM
Are you for or against these evolutions? - Results (167 votes)
I'm all for it, I think it's a good idea.
56.89% (95 votes)
Meh, Doesn't really bother me either way.
23.35% (39 votes)
I'm against it completely.
7.78% (13 votes)
Other. If you aren't really sure how you stand, or are just a little for/against
11.98% (20 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I know it's old news, and i'm not trying to say it's new or anything, but I just found out about it about 5 minutes ago. I've been playing pokemon since Kanto region when pokemon red came out. I was wondering if I was in the minority/majority of people who disliked this new feature in the games.

Even though I dislike this for in my opinion kinda going against how pokemon have always worked considering they don't devolve, I still plan on playing this game.
---
Gamertag: ArsenicJoker
#2RotomGuy3Posted 8/15/2013 8:05:06 AM
You need to know everything about them and let it sink in before you'll know that this is great feature.
#3punisher1379Posted 8/15/2013 8:05:18 AM
Meh. It sounds cool, but I'll probably not use them.
---
Gill Grunt//Boomer/Legendary Trigger Happy/Double Trouble
Empire of Ice/Darklight Crypt
#4doughnutman(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2013 8:08:20 AM
I've read into it and understand it from the battle aspect, changing class, increased power and such. But Idk just playing pokemon since i was a child since the first generation, just seems a bit too "new" ? i guess in the sense it kinda comes from nowhere, and the fact they devolve.

But I do see their battle potential and I love how Mega Blaziken looks but just playing since a child I guess makes me feel somewhat against the idea, but i'm still buying it and i'll enjoy it like every other.
---
#591UKGamerPosted 8/15/2013 8:14:09 AM
At first, I was confused what it was but as I read into it more, I understood it more. I am for it and think this will take Pokemon to great new heights. Generation 6 looks as if though they are starting to try new stuff while keeping Pokemon the same as it's always been at the same time.
---
3DS Friend Code - 0962-9363-1392
White 2 Friend Code - 3354-5820-6262
#6SergeantJamjarsPosted 8/15/2013 8:14:33 AM
As long as it doesn't get out of hand, mega evos could make for a viable strategy in battling. It takes normally outclassed PKMN like Absol, mawile, and ampharos and makes them actually useable. As long as the artwork is creative (and not OH LET ME TAKE KANGA's BABY OUT OF HER POUCH DERP), I am ok with it. i dont exactly know what benefit they provide but hopefully these don't completely outclass standard pokes

but giving mewtwo a mega form is a tad insulting IMO, mewtwo is such an iconic and well known pokemon with strong history all the way back to RBY where it was the single most powerful pokemon in existence. seriously hope they aren't throwing around these mega forms with impunity.

PLEASE GIVE TAUROS A MEGAFORM WITH THREE HEADS.
---
"The moon is just the sun at night" - Black Sabbath
3DS FC: 3909 - 8809 - 2854, PS3: NinjaChildPrime
#7CakeOfLiesPosted 8/15/2013 8:15:31 AM
I always knew Gen 6 would bring a big new change and DANG I love it when I'm right!
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 3139-7420-3142 - THIEF
#8SocranPosted 8/15/2013 8:17:35 AM
It's great when you realize that it's not really an evolution at all, just a "super mode". In other words, it's a form/forme change that operates on its own set of rules.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#9pokemonfreak97Posted 8/15/2013 8:32:41 AM
And see, I think that giving Mewtwo a Mega form works. Essentially, until Gen III, Mewtwo had the highest attacking stat available. It makes sense to give him a title like that again.
---
Generation (pi)(i).
When you see this, raise e to the generation and add 1. Social experiment.
#10doughnutman(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2013 8:46:28 AM
Even though you say its not really an evolution. Some of them do physically change which can be considered an evolution which has never happened before. And im all for new things. But just the fact you change. Then change back.

Itd be difference I guess if some didnt have such physical changes that were so noticable.
---