This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Starting a new game in Emerald, feeling annoyed.

#1KementarriPosted 8/15/2013 10:47:29 AM
So I wanted to play an emulator of Emerald because I lost my cartridge and I remember loving it. However, now after playing Gen 4-6 I really appreciated all they did to try and balance different pokemon. Mainly through the Physical/Special split of moves. I want to use Azumarill, but I know he would suck because he can't learn any physical water moves. I want to use Breloom but he can't learn any physical grass moves, I want to use Ninjask, but X-scissor is not in the game yet -_-. Not to mention, my starter (torchic) and his fire moves won't be as powerful as their supposed to be.

Now I'm just annoyed sitting here with my Taillow, Torchic, and Raltz trying to figure out who else I want to use =/.
---
Name: Kem. Town: Astara.
3DS FC: 3265-6079-5288
#2Archwing3441Posted 8/15/2013 10:49:55 AM
doesn't Blaziken fit as mix sweeper? his sp. atk is only 10 less then his atk.
---
Nintendo? PlayStation? no...
http://mangafox.me/manga/mel_kano/v03/c016/27.html
#3Kementarri(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2013 10:51:32 AM
Archwing3441 posted...
doesn't Blaziken fit as mix sweeper? his sp. atk is only 10 less then his atk.

Well yes, I'm more annoyed with Maril, Breloom, and Ninjask not being very useful =/
---
#4Arne83Posted 8/15/2013 10:51:32 AM
Should of started a Randomizer run... it's what I'm doing.
---
More of a Pokemon fan than TherianReturns will ever be.
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals..." - Agent K.
#5Kementarri(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2013 10:52:01 AM
Arne83 posted...

What's that?
---
#6Arne83Posted 8/15/2013 10:56:15 AM(edited)
Kementarri posted...
Arne83 posted...

What's that?

Oh, it's just a normal play through... only you run the rom through a little program that randomizes all the wild Pokemon... and starters, if you want. It's pretty fun. My starter is an Elekid and I caught a Celebi and a Charizard on the first route.
---
More of a Pokemon fan than TherianReturns will ever be.
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals..." - Agent K.
#7FuneralCakePosted 8/15/2013 10:53:52 AM
The lack of the physical/special split is one of the reasons I can't stand Emerald. I only got that game after playing DP, so having to go back to that was just horrendous.
---
THAT'S MISS FUNERAL CAKE TO YOU
do you wanna die or just come real close?
#8keybladesrusPosted 8/15/2013 11:27:58 AM
And this, people, is why we need a Hoenn remake.
---
"My favorite color of poop is seven." - Seanbaby, cracked.com
The Official Nox of the Kingdom Hearts 3 Board
#9gladwyn101Posted 8/15/2013 11:34:24 AM
Doing the same thing on VisualBoyAdvance, but was starting to get annoyed because I couldn't RNG a Treecko whose nature and/or IVs didn't suck. I kept getting Adamant Treeckos with IVs below 10 in 3-4 stats for like 2 hours. Now I keep getting Ralts' with an IV less than 5 in Sp. Atk.

I ****ing hate IVs....
---
4e is not D&D, but WoW making a Disguise check.
Pokemon Black Friend Code: 0605-2800-9952; Trainer Name: Solace; First Pokemon (roleplaying): Snivy (Monty)
#10punisher1379Posted 8/15/2013 11:42:49 AM
Kementarri posted...
So I wanted to play an emulator of Emerald because I lost my cartridge and I remember loving it. However, now after playing Gen 4-6 I really appreciated all they did to try and balance different pokemon. Mainly through the Physical/Special split of moves. I want to use Azumarill, but I know he would suck because he can't learn any physical water moves. I want to use Breloom but he can't learn any physical grass moves, I want to use Ninjask, but X-scissor is not in the game yet -_-. Not to mention, my starter (torchic) and his fire moves won't be as powerful as their supposed to be.

Now I'm just annoyed sitting here with my Taillow, Torchic, and Raltz trying to figure out who else I want to use =/.

This is why we want a remake of Gen III. So we can enjoy the Gen III games, but with the newer 'mons, moves, and Physical & Special split.
---
Gill Grunt//Boomer/Legendary Trigger Happy/Double Trouble
Empire of Ice/Darklight Crypt