This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hidden Power

#11Emerald_FlashPosted 8/15/2013 2:03:45 PM
It's easily exploitable and makes no sense. Every Pokemon shouldn't have access to every type of attack. Many people consider HP a necessity on their builds, which is. . . stupid.

I say they remove it completely.
---
Official Latios of the Pokemon X/Y Boards
Saying inb4 does not make you cool, or clever. It actually makes you seem like a troll.
#12pokemon2pokerPosted 8/15/2013 2:04:06 PM
XxVERSUSxX posted...
I wish they'd introduce a way to determine hidden power that was IV.. anything would be preferred at this point. Uhh I have been trying to get a Timid Eevee with hidden power ice and a decent speed stat for 8 days now.

I love my modest hp ice Jolteon. That thing took me over a month and a half to breed. I hatched a shiny Eevee during that month and a half.
---
A+E
#13roxbury1990Posted 8/15/2013 2:05:28 PM
Well yeah nega, that is the story and explanation behind the move, I just don't buy it. Seeing a charizard use an ice move or something just literally makes no sense. And yes I know, 'it's vidya game, no have to make cents' but still ha
---
White FC: 2581 1588 9644 // wii code = 1308 9776 3256 7038 // 3DS FC: 4527-7258-1744 // GamerTag: Loftice
Parasect is the BEST
#14DarkKirby2500Posted 8/15/2013 2:08:49 PM
Emerald_Flash posted...
It's easily exploitable and makes no sense. Every Pokemon shouldn't have access to every type of attack. Many people consider HP a necessity on their builds, which is. . . stupid.

Hidden Power IS currently necessary for Special Attackers (the few in OU and under that are viable), but that's because there are so few good and reliable special attacks compared to the many amazing and reliable physical attacks most physical attackers can learn.

Hidden Power and IVs should be removed, but they need to make a bunch of new powerful and reliable special attacks to make up for it like the physical attackers have.
---
1. The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him. 2. They're all complacent sheeple.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>
#15XxVERSUSxX(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2013 2:11:01 PM
DarkKirby2500 posted...
Emerald_Flash posted...

Hidden Power IS currently necessary for Special Attackers (the few in OU and under that are viable), but that's because there are so few good and reliable special attacks compared to the many amazing and reliable physical attacks most physical attackers can learn.

Hidden Power and IVs should be removed, but they need to make a bunch of new powerful and reliable special attacks to make up for it like the physical attackers have.

This... Because Pokes like Jolteons move pool is embarrissing
#16H-L-WPosted 8/15/2013 2:52:04 PM
Since they're introducing Fairy Type, the entire Hidden Power and IV system would be a mess. As in your hard work in breeding a specific Hidden Power would be a waste since they're adding a new type into the mix. I say make Hidden Power reliant on a different, less tedious mechanic such as an in-game facility that can change it or those macaron things in Pokemon-Amie.
---
Pokemon Black Version FC: 1506 5124 1112
Pokemon Black Version 2 FC: 1636 2111 7801
#17FuneralCakePosted 8/15/2013 2:54:20 PM
H-L-W posted...
Since they're introducing Fairy Type, the entire Hidden Power and IV system would be a mess. As in your hard work in breeding a specific Hidden Power would be a waste since they're adding a new type into the mix.

Not necessarily. It's more than possible to devise a method that will keep the same Hidden Power for transferred Pokemon, yet still have a new method that takes Fairy into account.

However, I do completely agree that Hidden Power in general needs to be changed. Ideally, we should be able to change it at will, but since this is Game Freak...
---
THAT'S MISS FUNERAL CAKE TO YOU
do you wanna die or just come real close?