This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ITT: List all the "special" walk-throughs you've done in Pokemon

#1a_fartn_SpartanPosted 8/15/2013 3:37:39 PM(edited)
...and a description of what it is. I've never actually done one, nor do I know the exact "rules" to any of them, but I figure I'd make this topic so I have something to look back on when I do get this game.

I was just thinking of a small twist on what I know what some of you guys have already done. Because Gym leaders are usually pigeon-holed into using 1 type, I would be the "master" of 1 type throughout the whole game, basically pretending to be a Gym leader from the beginning that goes around battling other Gym leaders. But I think I'd want to use a type that no Gym leader in the game uses, and we don't have that information yet.

The only other way I really know is the Nuzlocke challenge, which I could always look up the official description online. But what other fun what do you guys go through single player?
---
Battletoads, Killer Instinct, GoldenEye, Perfect Dark, Jet Force Gemini, DK Country, Diddy Racing, Banjo, Conker.
Rare, you will be missed.
#2gamingratPosted 8/15/2013 3:44:41 PM
in diamond I did nothing but eeveeloutions except when I needed a hm they couldn't use. that meant no flying, since I did not actually need it
---
GT:gamingrat91
Final Fantasy IV is the best in the series
#3a_fartn_Spartan(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2013 3:50:02 PM
gamingrat posted...
in diamond I did nothing but eeveeloutions except when I needed a hm they couldn't use. that meant no flying, since I did not actually need it

Crap I forgot about HMs and TMs. I'd probably cheat and have 1 HM/TM slave to make the game easier. I'm not dedicated enough to make up rules designed to make the game more challenging at the cost of fun.
---
Battletoads, Killer Instinct, GoldenEye, Perfect Dark, Jet Force Gemini, DK Country, Diddy Racing, Banjo, Conker.
#4SirPiercePosted 8/15/2013 3:53:37 PM
I am currently doing a Snivy only run in Black 2. He is Level 24 and I just got my second badge. I will get an HM Slave when I need it. For now, it's just me and my Smugleaf.
---
NNID - Aerontar. Steam - KingAerontar
Currently Awaiting...SSBU, SSB3DS, Pokemon X, Pokemon Y and Watch Dogs.
#5a_fartn_Spartan(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2013 8:58:23 PM
bump
---
#6nightblade_hawkPosted 8/15/2013 9:18:34 PM
Me and 2 Friends did a Nuzlocke of Blue and Red once. It was fun though I lost all my Mon except my Raticate in the fight against Blue.
#7dancnbnaPosted 8/15/2013 10:21:30 PM
I make a lot of monotype teams, and during my Rock monotype run I put myself under a "story" restriction in training.

Basically, the lowest-leveled mons train by themselves as they travel through the routes ("assisted" by a higher-leveled one, AKA Sheldon the Torterra). But once they got to a similar high level, half of the team would train with one high-leveled mon by pure, strict EV training, and the other would go with a different one and fight Audino and various assorted mons, until they reached level 50.

I dragged it out but it was more interesting.

...or something.
---
You're only young once, but you can be immature forever.
#8Pendragon71037Posted 8/15/2013 10:23:40 PM
nightblade_hawk posted...
Me and 2 Friends did a Nuzlocke of Blue and Red once. It was fun though I lost all my Mon except my Raticate in the fight against Blue.

Oh, the irony.
---
Chuck Finley is Forever! People that agree: 5. I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior and am 100% proud of it. Yeah, it's hot, but it's a dry heat.
#9a_fartn_Spartan(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2013 2:11:43 PM
bump
---
#10CakeOfLiesPosted 8/17/2013 2:13:15 PM
In White 2, I did a Hoenn Starter Run.
Basically, I had to trade the Hoenn Starters onto my game as soon as possible and only use them (not counting an HM slave).
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 3139-7420-3142 - THIEF