This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ITT: List all the "special" walk-throughs you've done in Pokemon

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. ITT: List all the "special" walk-throughs you've done in Pokemon

User Info: a_fartn_Spartan

a_fartn_Spartan
3 years ago#1
...and a description of what it is. I've never actually done one, nor do I know the exact "rules" to any of them, but I figure I'd make this topic so I have something to look back on when I do get this game.

I was just thinking of a small twist on what I know what some of you guys have already done. Because Gym leaders are usually pigeon-holed into using 1 type, I would be the "master" of 1 type throughout the whole game, basically pretending to be a Gym leader from the beginning that goes around battling other Gym leaders. But I think I'd want to use a type that no Gym leader in the game uses, and we don't have that information yet.

The only other way I really know is the Nuzlocke challenge, which I could always look up the official description online. But what other fun what do you guys go through single player?
Battletoads, Killer Instinct, GoldenEye, Perfect Dark, Jet Force Gemini, DK Country, Diddy Racing, Banjo, Conker.
Rare, you will be missed.

User Info: gamingrat

gamingrat
3 years ago#2
in diamond I did nothing but eeveeloutions except when I needed a hm they couldn't use. that meant no flying, since I did not actually need it
GT:gamingrat91
Final Fantasy IV is the best in the series

a_fartn_Spartan
3 years ago#3
gamingrat posted...
in diamond I did nothing but eeveeloutions except when I needed a hm they couldn't use. that meant no flying, since I did not actually need it

Crap I forgot about HMs and TMs. I'd probably cheat and have 1 HM/TM slave to make the game easier. I'm not dedicated enough to make up rules designed to make the game more challenging at the cost of fun.
Battletoads, Killer Instinct, GoldenEye, Perfect Dark, Jet Force Gemini, DK Country, Diddy Racing, Banjo, Conker.

User Info: SirPierce

SirPierce
3 years ago#4
I am currently doing a Snivy only run in Black 2. He is Level 24 and I just got my second badge. I will get an HM Slave when I need it. For now, it's just me and my Smugleaf.
NNID - Aerontar. Steam - KingAerontar
Currently Awaiting...SSBU, SSB3DS, Pokemon X, Pokemon Y and Watch Dogs.

a_fartn_Spartan
3 years ago#5
bump

User Info: nightblade_hawk

nightblade_hawk
3 years ago#6
Me and 2 Friends did a Nuzlocke of Blue and Red once. It was fun though I lost all my Mon except my Raticate in the fight against Blue.

User Info: dancnbna

dancnbna
3 years ago#7
I make a lot of monotype teams, and during my Rock monotype run I put myself under a "story" restriction in training.

Basically, the lowest-leveled mons train by themselves as they travel through the routes ("assisted" by a higher-leveled one, AKA Sheldon the Torterra). But once they got to a similar high level, half of the team would train with one high-leveled mon by pure, strict EV training, and the other would go with a different one and fight Audino and various assorted mons, until they reached level 50.

I dragged it out but it was more interesting.

...or something.
You're only young once, but you can be immature forever.

User Info: Pendragon71037

Pendragon71037
3 years ago#8
nightblade_hawk posted...
Me and 2 Friends did a Nuzlocke of Blue and Red once. It was fun though I lost all my Mon except my Raticate in the fight against Blue.

Oh, the irony.
Chuck Finley is Forever! People that agree: 5. I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior and am 100% proud of it. Yeah, it's hot, but it's a dry heat.

a_fartn_Spartan
3 years ago#9
bump

User Info: CakeOfLies

CakeOfLies
3 years ago#10
In White 2, I did a Hoenn Starter Run.
Basically, I had to trade the Hoenn Starters onto my game as soon as possible and only use them (not counting an HM slave).
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 3139-7420-3142 - THIEF
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. ITT: List all the "special" walk-throughs you've done in Pokemon

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived