This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Luxray = Electric/Dark Gen VI?

#1SgtCashmerePosted 8/15/2013 4:25:33 PM
I really hope Luxray will be retconned to Electric/Dark this generation. That would make my Sinnoh team so perfect. ^_^
#2jakovuPosted 8/15/2013 4:28:07 PM
Why would it be Dark? Because it has black fur?
#3SgtCashmere(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2013 4:31:17 PM(edited)
jakovu posted...
Why would it be Dark? Because it has black fur?

Also because it learns Bite and Crunch. I know a lot of Pokemon learn those moves, but it just fits so perfect with other Gen IV Pokemon. Here is my team: Torterra, Infernape, Empoleon, Staraptor, and Luxray. They experience STAB advantages against every type except for Psychic, Ghost, and Dragon. If Luxray was Electric/Dark, that would bring it down to Dragon... just a fanboy's dream lol :) And those five fit so perfectly together because they each experience the same EXP curve and evolve around the same levels. It's just SO close to perfect IMO lol
#4SalsaSavantPosted 8/15/2013 4:30:59 PM
Luxray, even though it's viscous, isn't exactly a dirty fighter or a Pokemon that's particularly "dark."
---
On 12/02/12 I said I wouldn't change this until something impossible happened. Now, Earthbound just got re-released in the US.
#5TorchicBlazikenPosted 8/15/2013 4:34:36 PM
Why would it be retconned? They could just give it a mega evolution that is that.
#6AccrovideogamesPosted 8/15/2013 4:36:10 PM
Luxray are extremely vicious and predatorial, although when tamed and trained correctly they can become very loyal and faithful, protecting their Trainer from danger. They tend to be stubborn and can administer extreme amounts of power through their electricity. Because of their flawless x-ray like vision, practically nothing can go unseen by their eyes. Abusing a Luxray can cause it to become antagonistic and vengeful towards their Trainer. Luxray need a lot of compassion and praise to maintain their satisfaction, as they are proud creatures. While generally independent, Luxray may band together in large groups and look out for one another in the wild. - Bulbapedia

I hope that its Mega Evolution is Electric/Dark.
---
I'm French speaking.
23, Male, Quebec
#7ArcasaurusPosted 8/15/2013 5:08:42 PM
I've always wanted Luxray to be Dark, just for STAB on Snarl.
#8Meta289Posted 8/15/2013 5:32:58 PM
Luxray.
---
R.I.P. Pokemon Cycle
Fact: Things are so much better when taken at face value.
#9jayman7Posted 8/15/2013 5:34:12 PM
Mega Evolution aside, I don't expect any type retcons that don't involve Fairy.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#10LexifoxPosted 8/15/2013 5:43:25 PM
I don't see what makes it deserving of the Dark type.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod