This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Luxray = Electric/Dark Gen VI?

#31GastroFanPosted 8/17/2013 1:09:13 PM
I hope Game Freak gives us a MegaLuxray. It could use the stat boost.
#32Rad_DudesmanPosted 8/17/2013 1:10:25 PM
Luxray

Lux means light, which is the opposite of dark
---
The official rad dude of the Pokemon X board.
#33SgtCashmere(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2013 2:02:49 PM(edited)
SorceressTharja posted...
SgtCashmere posted...
Defaze posted...
What a generic team.

What makes it generic in your opinion?

Starter/Starter/Starter/Generic Bird/Route 1 Non-Rodent Mammal*

Generic.

*Y'know, you have the bird, the rodent, and then normally one or more "Other" pokemon. That group. Purrloin, Lullipup, Shinx, etc.

Ah. Oh well, I'm okay with my team being considered generic.

By the way, for those who are pointing out the significance of lux in Luxray's name, Bulbapedia claims that it actually refers to a *unit that measures luminous emittance. Lux can be used to quantify light levels during the nighttime (i.e. starlight and moonlight) as well as the daytime - a contrast that would suit Luxray well were it to become an Electric/Dark type, I think.

*I'm no scientist; check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lux for a better explanation. I barely made it through first-year science in university, haha :)
#34pokemon2pokerPosted 8/17/2013 2:05:45 PM
Meta289 posted...
Luxray.

You have earned yourself respect points
---
A+E
#35Lord0bsidianPosted 8/17/2013 6:58:40 PM(edited)
http://youtu.be/x3ov9USxVxY?t=2m17s

guys i'm disappoint

---
The internet: where men are men, women are men, and lolis are the FBI.
#36jfx_zeroPosted 8/17/2013 7:15:26 PM
Could not agree more with TC on this. if there was any legitimate candidate for Electric/Dark it would have been Luxray. He LOOKS Dark. He LOOKS mischievous. All you who say he doesn't can stfu.
---
Check out my music page at: chrisbyerly.bandcamp.com or soundcloud.com/chris-byerly
#37jfx_zeroPosted 8/17/2013 7:17:54 PM
Lexifox posted...
Arcasaurus posted...
Lexifox posted...
Such as?

Tyranitar
Carvanha/Sharpedo
Crawdaunt
Poochyena/Mightyena
Stunky/Skuntank
Pawniard/Bisharp
Deino/Zweilous/Hydreigon
Inkay

Tyranitar are so insolent that they tend to not care about others, to the point where they use their incredible strength to wreck entire areas simply to suit them and actively hunt for opponents despite their environment-destroying power.

Carvanha are cowardly Pokemon on their own, but like to form groups to attack boats and sink them for no apparent reason. Sharpedo are likewise referred to as "gangsters of the sea" due to their willingness to harass and bully others.

Crawdaunt are extremely violent Pokemon that take over bodies of water for only themselves, and literally throw others out of their old homes.

Poochyena and Mightyena are described as very persistent predators who viciously attack and hunt down their prey. Real life hyenas are known to feign death/injury, and are known to kill animals that they encounter if they appear unable to defend themselves - note that the Pokemon are generally only deterred if the enemy strikes back.

The skunks, I concede, might just be dark as a "nocturnal" theme thing. It may also just be that they, like many real skunks, are very sneaky and fight dirty to survive.

Pawniard and Bisharp are, again, extremely violent Pokemon. Pawniard's body is made of razor blades and they attack victims by swarming and viciously stabbing them with their bodies. They do so at the command of Bisharp, stated to be "pitiliss" Pokemon that only strike when the victim is sufficiently helpless from the Pawniard attacks. The packs are also uncaring enough that if their leader loses a battle, they are chased out of the pack.

The Hydreigon line are all vicious and violent Pokemon that brutalize and destroy everything in sight and have no qualms about eating to the point where they, and others, are forced to leave the area to find more food.

Inkay is kind of vague, but the Japanese name contains "demon" in it. It's also likely based on the mind flayer of D&D fame, which are rather evil creatures.

Thank you for defending this point. When I saw that the person who responded named off literally almost every dark type I was like wtf.
---
Check out my music page at: chrisbyerly.bandcamp.com or soundcloud.com/chris-byerly
#38AngryGFAQerPosted 8/17/2013 10:19:28 PM
No, just no. While Luxray is awesome, I rather have a brand new Pokemon to helm a Dark/Electric line as Luxray does not have any predefined Dark-type attributes.
---
"I was garbage, the writing transformed," - Raiden
I'm Batman. I don't enjoy anything.