This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pre-Order Advantage?

#11MetaFalconPunchPosted 8/15/2013 6:28:32 PM
All-ice posted...
Wynters387 posted...
Here in the US I received a poster for pre-ordering.

LOL that's it?

Hey, I thought it was cool >_<
---
Pretend this signature is a basilisk. You are now dead.
#12Wynters387Posted 8/15/2013 6:38:29 PM
ShadowShire posted...
All-ice posted...
Wynters387 posted...

LOL that's it?

This. At least for HG/SS you could get a figure.

I still love the Palkia stylus I received from Pearl. Freaking huge but cool.
#13Wynters387Posted 8/15/2013 6:39:49 PM
MetaFalconPunch posted...
All-ice posted...
Wynters387 posted...

LOL that's it?

Hey, I thought it was cool >_<

It made me like the map of Kalos.
#14Hierarchy225Posted 8/15/2013 6:45:11 PM
I get the game on day one(or day two). Thats my advantage.
---
The Official MegaLucario of the Pokemon X Board // tinyurl.com/jwes6w5
3DS Friend Code 1993-7813-6870
#15mariolink31187Posted 8/15/2013 6:45:45 PM
The way its been selling at my local gamestop there won't be any left on the release date. Also it will be hard to get it because of Christmas. So you should reserve it or buy it on eshop.
---
Can we make a religion out of pokemon for fun? Then use that religion to justify killing digimon fans? -jneal57
#16Gsus_94Posted 8/15/2013 7:48:28 PM
Hierarchy225 posted...
I get the game on day one(or day two). Thats my advantage.

I don't think Pokemon will sell out day one (would it?)
---
3DS FC: 0473 7779 6792
ACNL: Melo from Besaid
#17gamingratPosted 8/15/2013 7:58:50 PM
id much rather have this then the poster

http://gengame.net/2013/08/game-reveals-pokeball-pre-order-bonus-for-pokemon-x-and-y-in-uk/

being in the US sucks, we never get the good stuff
---
GT:gamingrat91
Final Fantasy IV is the best in the series
#18Luigi playerPosted 8/15/2013 8:12:06 PM
Pre ordering only has downsides unless you get like a bonus (I don't know of many tho, so I never really do it).

- you might feel bad if you cancel the preorder (at least I do)
- you will get it later than if you'd just go to a store to buy it physically

Well, that's it I guess. I pre.ordered Diamond x2 and Pearl (for whole family lol), but suddenly stores sold it one day before it's release date. So we cancelled and I went to get them.

The only good thing is you don't have to get out of the house, but really, you can just order it when it comes out (or right before that) as well which would probably not delay anything.

I really don't know why people preorder so much. There is nothing you gain from it.

If I'd get a figure like in Japan I'd probably preorder though...
---
I'm a the Luigi master!
www.freewebs.com/luigi_player/
#19nightblade_hawkPosted 8/15/2013 9:19:48 PM
We just get a Poster. Dunno...maybe it's a really nice Poster.
#20QuagsireQingPosted 8/15/2013 9:31:57 PM(edited)
A tl;dr version of this post will be available at the bottom.

Luigi player posted...
Pre ordering only has downsides unless you get like a bonus (I don't know of many tho, so I never really do it).

- you might feel bad if you cancel the preorder (at least I do)
- you will get it later than if you'd just go to a store to buy it physically

What on earth are you talking about? Your first point at least has some root in reality, since one of the majour reasons retailers want your pre-orders is to make sure you don't go somewhere else. However, every retailer gives you a no-hassle cancellation in case you do decide to go elsewhere. Your second point makes absolutely no sense; if you have the game reserved, you go and pick it up day one or two, depending on what's convenient for you. You do not have to wait until any extra copies are sold first; that's just ludicrous.

TC, EB Games in Canada is giving out a poster now. They often have tiered pre-order bonuses, so if those are the kinds of things that you care about, get in a pre-order now to make sure that you get any later bonuses, should there happen to be any. I'm not saying there will.

Pre-ordering has only upsides, contrary to what Luigi player posted. It's free, you're guaranteed a copy on release, you get any potential bonuses, and you get invited to any special events that may be held. To the very tired "there will be copies available even if I don't pre-order" people, I say, "And what exactly is the cost of pre-ordering?" The answer is nothing; absolutely nothing. So, for the cost of $0.00, you will have a copy on day one 100%, as opposed to 0% or 70% or even 99%. Bonus: EB Games give 20% extra trade credit when you trade games towards pre-orders, although their Trade More Get More event right now is even better.

Lastly, as mariolink31187 mentioned, this has become (at least at their and my local EB Games, which are probably two different stores) the fastest-pre-ordered Pokémon game to date, to the point that my local store is on track to host a midnight launch; which has never been done for Pokémon before (at least not near me, and I lived for years in a city one million strong). Take that, and Nintendo's preference to limit physical copies in order to push digital sales, as you will.

tl;dr: Unless you won't be in the vicinity of an EB Games between now and October 12, there is not a single good reason not to pre-order.

nightblade_hawk posted...
We just get a Poster. Dunno...maybe it's a really nice Poster.

Actually, it's the nicest poster I've ever seen as a pre-order bonus. Double-sided, and printed on unconventionally high quality poster stock.
---
"Cats...are kind of like girls. If they come and talk to you it's great. But if you try to talk to them it doesn't always go so well."
--S. Miyamoto