This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Spikes and Toxic Spikes don't affect Flying types. Why should Stealth Rock?

#11smashman92(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2013 7:27:52 AM
patkelly929 posted...
Come on guys, he just wants the most overrated Pokemon to play a little bit better. His Charizard loses half of it's health when it comes in surrounded by floating stones.

That's just fuel to the fire.

I think it would make sense to make Flying types immune to it anyway. It would also help balance stealth rock
---
Charizard for SSBU
#12CakeOfLiesPosted 8/16/2013 7:28:38 AM
smashman92 posted...
Aura_Sphere posted...
smashman92 posted...
CakeOfLies posted...
"Pointed stones float in the air around your team!"

What is the mechanism by which these stones know that a Pokemon has switched in or out?

What kind of question is this?

Can't really think of a way to reword the question, but I'll try.

How do the stealth rock know when to activate? What is the physical trigger?

Of course, there doesn't have to be one because this is a video game and stuff doesn't have to make sense, but attacks need to be consistent at least

They don't "know" when to activate.
They're rocks. They're floating there. A Pokemon switches into them and gets hurt by touching them.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 3139-7420-3142 - THIEF
#13Zoramon089Posted 8/16/2013 7:32:46 AM
I can't tell if this is a serious topic of not. They're pointy rocks floating all around the battlefield. They don't seek and destroy. If a trainer sends out a pokemon in the field they get hurt because there are rocks everywhere. This is incredibly simple to understand
---
Pokemon Black FC: 4470 0364 4689
"Have you actually seen the scene in question? It needs some crackers to go with its cheese." - Poppadop
#14YourLuckPosted 8/16/2013 8:00:58 AM
Aren't the stealth rock rocks homing in the anime?
---
A familiar note is produced.
It's the note Desolation plays to keep its instrument in tune
#15J-Don-BonnePosted 8/16/2013 8:02:07 AM
Why aren't the trainers smart enough to fling the damn ball away from the stones and spikes? And if they can't because they're "everywhere" why does it only affect one side of the field and not both...?
---
PSN: FrossToad Training for the FGC
3DS Friend Code: 0344- 9855 - 7284
#16sonOFestarkPosted 8/16/2013 8:11:26 AM
smashman92 posted...
"pointed gray rocks that sit on the ground. When the opponent sends out another Pokémon, the rocks around it rise into the air and crush the opponent."

In some places, it says the rocks sit on the ground

---
White 2 FC: 2624 0707 4433
#17KeeperOfShadowsPosted 8/16/2013 8:17:41 AM
J-Don-Bonne posted...
Why aren't the trainers smart enough to fling the damn ball away from the stones and spikes? And if they can't because they're "everywhere" why does it only affect one side of the field and not both...?

Because Pokemon lols at logic.
---
A voice of reason, in a chaotic realm.
You're too angry... calm down... and let the madness take hold. - Arne83
#18Rad_DudesmanPosted 8/16/2013 8:28:39 AM
J-Don-Bonne posted...

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/3/3a/Roark_Onix_Stealth_Rock_ground.png

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/1/17/Roark_Onix_Stealth_Rock_attack.png

The rocks are sentient okay
---
The official rad dude of the Pokemon X board.
#19GrimlockSmashPosted 8/16/2013 8:30:28 AM
smashman92 posted...
patkelly929 posted...
Come on guys, he just wants the most overrated Pokemon to play a little bit better. His Charizard loses half of it's health when it comes in surrounded by floating stones.

That's just fuel to the fire.

I think it would make sense to make Flying types immune to it anyway. It would also help balance stealth rock

And how would it make sense? If you can't handle Stealth Rock then just send out something that can Rapid Spin it away -.-
---
Pokemon White 2 FC: 2710-1782-3720
GT: DvA Infamy