This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fire-type resists Fairy-type

#41jayman7Posted 8/19/2013 10:12:09 AM(edited)
InhaledCorn posted...
In Japan, the Fighting-type is known as the Hero-type.

In Japan, some types have different names. Fire is "Flame", Dark is "Evil", Psychic is "Esper"...

And Fighting is... wait for it... ... ...

Fighting.

The whole "HERO TYPE!!!1" thing is a persistent but entirely false rumor, probably put forth by someone trying to discredit speculation for a Light type.

Oh, and the leak says that Fighting is supposed to be weak to Fairy, though that hasn't been confirmed yet.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#42NeonDragon9000Posted 8/19/2013 10:46:53 AM(edited)
All that's been officially confirmed is Fairy is super effective on Dragon. Everything else is still pure speculation (although I guess Smash can be as official as anything else), that will be confirmed when the next CoroCoro leaks.
---
"Microsoft is not a helicopter." ~Gerald Ilukwe
#43MechaMeleePosted 8/19/2013 11:26:11 AM
ShinxO_O posted...
I know a lot of people had mentioned a video showing Flabebe using a fairy-type move on Litleo, and it being not very effective... and that no one pointed out the fact that Litleo is also a normal type, so it could actually be Normal that resists Fairy...

The opposite gendered rival randomly uses a Fenniken.

NeonDragon9000 posted...
All that's been officially confirmed is Fairy is super effective on Dragon. Everything else is still pure speculation (although I guess Smash can be as official as anything else), that will be confirmed when the next CoroCoro leaks.

Except the demo confirmed it that Fire resists Fairy.
---
Whoopee damn do da.
#44Rogue MuttPosted 8/19/2013 11:43:39 AM
P0k3m0nWaRR10R8 posted...
Also, from Pokejungle, about MegaEvolutions,

You can opt to Mega-Evolve when you choose a move. You can use the move you chose after you Mega Evolve too.

Are we 100% sure this isn't demo only for people to test out Mega-evolutions? I've got my fingers crossed that it's not, but I'm just wondering.
---
Alakazam Arcanine Flygon Golduck Primeape Tyranitar
#45LaManoNeraIIPosted 8/19/2013 12:20:53 PM
Missingno_Mastr posted...
And that's another victory for the Pokebeach leaks. The few remaining doubters are surely feeling quite foolish right about now, I would imagine.

Yep

I'm sure we're all losing sleep over it
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#46JoJoX200Posted 8/19/2013 12:25:32 PM
Rogue Mutt posted...
P0k3m0nWaRR10R8 posted...
Also, from Pokejungle, about MegaEvolutions,

You can opt to Mega-Evolve when you choose a move. You can use the move you chose after you Mega Evolve too.

Are we 100% sure this isn't demo only for people to test out Mega-evolutions? I've got my fingers crossed that it's not, but I'm just wondering.

The demo was, as you said, primarily there to show off Mega evolutions and battles in general. It wouldn't make sense to change a mechanic for demo in which it is supposed to be previewed. Therefor I'd say the mechanics stay the same. The whole Sycamore giving you Mewtwo however, is most likely demo only.
#47jayman7Posted 8/19/2013 12:42:00 PM
There may be more to Mega Evolution in the final game than just pointing at the "Mega Evolution" button - that is, something (other than the Mega Stone, of course!) that is required for the button to be active in the first place - but I really don't see any reason to think they'll change how the button works once it's activated.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere