This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Mega Evolution: 2 abilities for the price of one.

#11NeonDragon9000Posted 8/16/2013 7:54:31 PM
I'm confused... Say a Pokemon has Scrappy, then activates their Mega form... won't Scrappy only be active for that one turn? That's not exactly having two abilities at once.
---
"Microsoft is not a helicopter." ~Gerald Ilukwe
#12Twilight_SonataPosted 8/16/2013 7:55:54 PM
It looks like a lot of people are really badly misinterpreting what that OP is saying. They're not saying that megas will have two abilities but rather that I pokemon with a mega for could, depending on their abilities, benefit from miltiple abilities at different points in the battle.
#13Hierarchy225(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2013 7:57:24 PM(edited)
NeonDragon9000 posted...
I'm confused... Say a Pokemon has Scrappy, then activates their Mega form... won't Scrappy only be active for that one turn? That's not exactly having two abilities at once.

Its not using 2 abilities at once. Its benefiting from two abilities at once.

Lets say you know your opponent has a gengar(which you probably would because odds are team preview is back). You can hold off on mega evolving to benefit from Scrappy fake outs, and such, then when you feel the need you can Megaevolve her, and wreck face with Parental bond.

2 abilities for the price of 1.

Twilight_Sonata posted...
It looks like a lot of people are really badly misinterpreting what that OP is saying. They're not saying that megas will have two abilities but rather that I pokemon with a mega for could, depending on their abilities, benefit from miltiple abilities at different points in the battle.

This. Like if a Pokemon had drizzle as its ability, and its mega evolution had swift swim.
---
The Official MegaLucario of the Pokemon X Board // tinyurl.com/jwes6w5
3DS Friend Code 1993-7813-6870
#14CWtennisPosted 8/16/2013 7:56:44 PM
Why do people think Mega Kangaskhan would KEEP scrappy after transforming? The Intimidate thing makes sense and would be even better for Mawhile.
---
3053 5388 2361 - Pokemon White 2 FC
2277 6632 4722 - 3DS FC
#15NeoSioTypePosted 8/16/2013 8:00:22 PM
I guess sheer force mawile isn't looking so great now.
#16Hierarchy225(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2013 8:08:00 PM
NeoSioType posted...

lol
---
The Official MegaLucario of the Pokemon X Board // tinyurl.com/jwes6w5
3DS Friend Code 1993-7813-6870
#17Katharina27Posted 8/16/2013 8:26:30 PM
Hierarchy225 posted...
Katharina27 posted...
I'm an Eeveelution breeder and there's info that states that Eevee's get Mega Evolutions too. My only fire type is Flareon and he sucks! I don't wanna die! I can't even poison it to death for crying out loud!

Oh.. I see what you mean. You're saying your team is gonna be screwed against a MegaMawile.

Well if Flareon doesn't get a decent fire move you're right. You'd be kind of screwed.

Trust me, the best moveset I can come up with for the little scum bag is.

Flareon
Lonely/ Flash Fire
Salac Berry
Train for Atk and Spd. Put remaining in Sp. Atk

Overheat
Endure
Flail
Fire Fang

I came up with this prior to gen 5 and I kinda like him. Trick your opponent into thinking your a Special Attacker with Overheat and with any luck, demolish one of their Pokemon. Maybe Flareon can survive one hit... maybe. Use Endure for a speed boost and up the power of flail and then Flail for maximum damage! I dunno, thats the best I've got for this beast.
---
I am guilty of being an insufferable smart ass!
Too many people I know would be perfectly content to burn me for a witch.
#18RoobitysuPosted 8/16/2013 8:33:19 PM
I love how almost no one actually read the OP.
---
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/82442627/Adelle.png I draw lolis :D https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/82442627/IsawaKiyokoAlternate.png
#19AccrovideogamesPosted 8/16/2013 8:34:06 PM
NeoSioType posted...

Indeed, if I ever plan to use a Mawile with a Mega Stone, I'll look for one with Intimidate.
---
I'm French speaking.
23, Male, Quebec
#20Luigi playerPosted 8/16/2013 8:46:07 PM
Good luck switching it on though. I'd rather not have my Mega take damage (since no leftovers or anything), so I'll mostly be able to use it after someone died.
---
I'm a the Luigi master!
www.freewebs.com/luigi_player/