This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

its obvious fennekin chespin and froakie will become...

#11AccrovideogamesPosted 8/16/2013 8:47:56 PM
I guessed that their secondary types would be those way before the leak. I based myself on the first trailer in which you can see the three starters perform two attacks, the first one being of their respective primary type and the second one being of their respective secondary type. Chespin's second attack looked like it was Dark, while Fennekin's and Froakie's looked like they were Psychic and Fighting respectively.
---
I'm French speaking.
23, Male, Quebec
#12MagikarpRulesPosted 8/16/2013 8:50:29 PM
Accrovideogames posted...
I guessed that their secondary types would be those way before the leak. I based myself on the first trailer in which you can see the three starters perform two attacks, the first one being of their respective primary type and the second one being of their respective secondary type. Chespin's second attack looked like it was Dark, while Fennekin's and Froakie's looked like they were Psychic and Fighting respectively.

Uh, some people said one of those attacks (I think it was Chespin's, but I'm not sure) had the same animation as Aerial Ace. I didn't see those trailers, so I can't confirm.
#13FinalFantazyv2(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2013 3:14:17 PM
Because each starter has a weakness to the main three types however if each starter has the second type I picked they will have a way to beat the starter they are weak too. Like making up for its previous handicap.

Makes sense to me
---
Oh. Well. Alright.
#14MagikarpRulesPosted 8/17/2013 3:21:09 PM
FinalFantazyv2 posted...
Because each starter has a weakness to the main three types however if each starter has the second type I picked they will have a way to beat the starter they are weak too. Like making up for its previous handicap.

Makes sense to me

Once again, why does that make sense? Your opinion can vary about whether the double triangle is a good thing or not, but I still don't see why it makes any more sense than they having any other secondary type or none at all.

Maybe I seem too picky, but the way you are wording it sounds like the leaked type match-ups were the only possible option since the beginning.
#15HermeticJusticePosted 8/17/2013 3:30:34 PM
i'd like to see a fairy starter
---
The Official Kerberos of the SMT IV Board + Friend Code: 4983 - 6166 - 9895
QVODSVPERIVS.MACROPROSOPVS + QVODINFERIVS.MICROPROSOPVS
#16FinalFantazyv2(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2013 3:43:00 PM
MagikarpRules posted...
FinalFantazyv2 posted...

Makes sense to me

Once again, why does that make sense? Your opinion can vary about whether the double triangle is a good thing or not, but I still don't see why it makes any more sense than they having any other secondary type or none at all.

Maybe I seem too picky, but the way you are wording it sounds like the leaked type match-ups were the only possible option since the beginning.

I don't know-how else to further elaborate on how it makes sense. I mean I think giving starters secondary types where they can conquer the starter they are weak to makes it the definition of fair. No starter would be better than the other. But if you can't get my view point I'm not going to continue to argue.
---
Oh. Well. Alright.