This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You do know that James is flaming, right?

#1SalsaSavantPosted 8/16/2013 7:48:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzfg0aBE19Y

A flaming...MOLTRES
---
On 12/02/12 I said I wouldn't change this until something impossible happened. Now, Earthbound just got re-released in the US.
#2LightningHawk90Posted 8/16/2013 7:50:05 PM
I just love how 4kids puts gay jokes in their dubs of children's TV shows. Reaaaal professional.
---
Hi. I'm RageKaiser. I'm here to ruin your unfunny topics.
#3SalsaSavant(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2013 7:53:04 PM
RageKaiser posted...
I just love how 4kids puts gay jokes in their dubs of children's TV shows. Reaaaal professional.

It was just them lampshading how James is flamboyant. It wasn't offensive or anything. Maybe a minor stereotype, but I showed some of my gay friends and they loved it.
---
On 12/02/12 I said I wouldn't change this until something impossible happened. Now, Earthbound just got re-released in the US.
#4LightningHawk90Posted 8/16/2013 7:55:07 PM
SalsaSavant posted...
RageKaiser posted...

It was just them lampshading how James is flamboyant. It wasn't offensive or anything. Maybe a minor stereotype, but I showed some of my gay friends and they loved it.

It's not the point, it's a kids show and they've erased other references of homosexuality from other anime that they've dubbed, yet try their hardest to make a character who isn't at all gay in the japanese version into Liberace himself.
---
#5MasterSpectrobePosted 8/16/2013 8:01:29 PM
RageKaiser posted...
SalsaSavant posted...
RageKaiser posted...

It's not the point, it's a kids show and they've erased other references of homosexuality from other anime that they've dubbed, yet try their hardest to make a character who isn't at all gay in the japanese version into Liberace himself.

So you're complaining that they didn't edit this scene?
---
I pity the fool who takes this topic seriously >_>
#6LightningHawk90Posted 8/16/2013 8:10:16 PM
MasterSpectrobe posted...
RageKaiser posted...
SalsaSavant posted...
RageKaiser posted...

No. That's not at all what i'm saying. I'm complaining that for some reason they feel the need to camp up James as much as possible when there is no indication in the original that he's gay at all.
---
#7MasterSpectrobePosted 8/16/2013 8:15:06 PM
RageKaiser posted...
RageKaiser posted...
SalsaSavant posted...
RageKaiser posted...

No. That's not at all what i'm saying. I'm complaining that for some reason they feel the need to camp up James as much as possible when there is no indication in the original that he's gay at all.

Ok got it, there's nothing campy about cross dressing on several occasions and wearing a costume that's literally flaming. >_>
---
#8LightningHawk90Posted 8/16/2013 8:21:11 PM

Ok got it, there's nothing campy about cross dressing on several occasions and wearing a costume that's literally flaming. >_>

I know straight men who have cross-dressed before. And by that logic, Moltres is gay in general, right?
---
#9MasterSpectrobePosted 8/16/2013 8:47:35 PM
RageKaiser posted...

I know straight men who have cross-dressed before. And by that logic, Moltres is gay in general, right?

And those straight men are campy what's your point? That comparison makes no sense you're comparing a genderless pokemon to a human being?

Do you actually read what you type?
---
#10SalsaSavant(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2013 8:48:45 PM
Locking because this is getting stupid.

Take your PC stuff to Tumblr. Keep it away from here.
---