This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So wait, you can Mega Evolve and attack the same turn?

#1HipsterManPrimePosted 8/16/2013 10:05:52 PM
Sorry if there were a billion of these topics earlier, but I just got off a 12 hour shift. So I went I. Serebii.net and read "Mega Evolution, which is just done by a tap of a button with a move the same turn."

How true is this and how much do we know? I'm glad mega evolution might turn out useful.
---
Nintendo + Sony = Gamer's Paradise.
#2Firemaster5Posted 8/16/2013 10:08:37 PM(edited)
It's activated by pushing a button (probably touch-screen) but, the transformation doesn't take up a turn, according to the demo, kinda like TLoD.
---
"Explaining the joke is like dissecting a frog. You understand it better but the frog dies in the process."
--E. B. White
#3KapuxaPosted 8/16/2013 10:09:46 PM
It makes sense if you rewatch the Mega Evolution introduction video, you'll see (for example) Lucario Mega Evolving and using the move right after.
#4HipsterManPrime(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2013 10:11:25 PM
Wow, that's great news! Seems like my dreams of a useful mawile and absol have come true.
---
Nintendo + Sony = Gamer's Paradise.
#5dwdwdw6Posted 8/16/2013 11:36:53 PM
So I guess it's the same as being in Mega form at the beginning of battle, as no turn is lost.
#6person_pitchPosted 8/16/2013 11:46:52 PM
That makes me wonder if you can use it multiple times. Say I start with Mawile, mega evo, and use a move. My opponent switches out, takes another hit, and causes me to switch out. Will I be able to do it again in the battle when I eventually switch back to Mawile, or it a "once a battle" occurrence?
#7jayman7Posted 8/16/2013 11:47:54 PM
person_pitch posted...
That makes me wonder if you can use it multiple times. Say I start with Mawile, mega evo, and use a move. My opponent switches out, takes another hit, and causes me to switch out. Will I be able to do it again in the battle when I eventually switch back to Mawile, or it a "once a battle" occurrence?

We don't even know that it ends when you switch out yet.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#8Firemaster5Posted 8/16/2013 11:50:04 PM
person_pitch posted...

One transformation (for a party) per battle. That isn't to say the opponent can't also activate the transformation.
---
"Explaining the joke is like dissecting a frog. You understand it better but the frog dies in the process."
--E. B. White
#9SMASHKING84Posted 8/17/2013 12:19:19 AM
yeah good question. if my mega transforms and my opponent uses roar what happens? if that happens and i get reverted and i cannot trasform again that would make the mega form practically useless against roar users.
---
You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become a villain.Playing Xillia And Dream Team.