This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So wait, you can Mega Evolve and attack the same turn?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. So wait, you can Mega Evolve and attack the same turn?

User Info: HipsterManPrime

HipsterManPrime
3 years ago#1
Sorry if there were a billion of these topics earlier, but I just got off a 12 hour shift. So I went I. Serebii.net and read "Mega Evolution, which is just done by a tap of a button with a move the same turn."

How true is this and how much do we know? I'm glad mega evolution might turn out useful.
Nintendo + Sony = Gamer's Paradise.

User Info: Firemaster5

Firemaster5
3 years ago#2
It's activated by pushing a button (probably touch-screen) but, the transformation doesn't take up a turn, according to the demo, kinda like TLoD.
"Explaining the joke is like dissecting a frog. You understand it better but the frog dies in the process."
--E. B. White

User Info: Kapuxa

Kapuxa
3 years ago#3
It makes sense if you rewatch the Mega Evolution introduction video, you'll see (for example) Lucario Mega Evolving and using the move right after.

User Info: HipsterManPrime

HipsterManPrime
3 years ago#4
Wow, that's great news! Seems like my dreams of a useful mawile and absol have come true.
Nintendo + Sony = Gamer's Paradise.

User Info: dwdwdw6

dwdwdw6
3 years ago#5
So I guess it's the same as being in Mega form at the beginning of battle, as no turn is lost.

User Info: person_pitch

person_pitch
3 years ago#6
That makes me wonder if you can use it multiple times. Say I start with Mawile, mega evo, and use a move. My opponent switches out, takes another hit, and causes me to switch out. Will I be able to do it again in the battle when I eventually switch back to Mawile, or it a "once a battle" occurrence?

User Info: jayman7

jayman7
3 years ago#7
person_pitch posted...
That makes me wonder if you can use it multiple times. Say I start with Mawile, mega evo, and use a move. My opponent switches out, takes another hit, and causes me to switch out. Will I be able to do it again in the battle when I eventually switch back to Mawile, or it a "once a battle" occurrence?

We don't even know that it ends when you switch out yet.
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere

User Info: Firemaster5

Firemaster5
3 years ago#8
person_pitch posted...

One transformation (for a party) per battle. That isn't to say the opponent can't also activate the transformation.
"Explaining the joke is like dissecting a frog. You understand it better but the frog dies in the process."
--E. B. White

User Info: SMASHKING84

SMASHKING84
3 years ago#9
yeah good question. if my mega transforms and my opponent uses roar what happens? if that happens and i get reverted and i cannot trasform again that would make the mega form practically useless against roar users.
You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become a villain.Playing Xillia And Dream Team.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. So wait, you can Mega Evolve and attack the same turn?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived