This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gamestop Pre-Order?

#1copypaste434Posted 8/16/2013 10:23:14 PM
I pre-ordered X, and sometimes (at least for black and white) gamestop sells copies early because they have them in stock. Do you think they'll do this for X and Y?
#2LoveSquirtlePosted 8/16/2013 10:29:48 PM
copypaste434 posted...
I pre-ordered X, and sometimes (at least for black and white) gamestop sells copies early because they have them in stock. Do you think they'll do this for X and Y?

There's this game store by me that always has games that are going to be released one or two days before release, so I guess so.
#3Firemaster5Posted 8/16/2013 10:43:01 PM
In America?
Fat chance since the system blocks the transaction.

I think some employees that get the game open them early, take the games out, leave the box in safe-keeping, then scan them to buy come release day.
---
If only you were the Mysterious Figure, so you could time-travel back to when this joke was still relevant."~KMAnsem
#4koggxPosted 8/16/2013 10:49:41 PM
In America?

I think some employees that get the game open them early, take the games out, leave the box in safe-keeping, then scan them to buy come release day.

either that or they can just write down the bar code and punch it in on release
---
www.freewebs.com/kingofgamesgx
#5Firemaster5Posted 8/16/2013 11:08:09 PM
koggx posted...
In America?

They wouldn't be allowed to take the box out of the store stealthily w/o it activating the alarm.
They aren't supposed to or allowed to do what I described before anyway but, can get away w/ it/avoid getting caught and possibly fired.

I also ask if TC was asking about the North American Gamestop since there are countries such as Spain that also have Gamestops.
---
AND NOW IT IS YOUR CONFUSION THAT SHALL BE THE ARK THAT SUSTAINS MEH!!!!!!! Random_Ghost to Tgirl
#6JarickoPosted 8/16/2013 11:13:54 PM
They risk getting fired if they do. They let a game out before release on a game once before and that copy got used to make a pirated copy and the pirated version was out before the game was which can take some sales. Wish i could remember what game it was.
---
I like Lances!
#7koggxPosted 8/16/2013 11:28:33 PM(edited)
koggx posted...
In America?

They wouldn't be allowed to take the box out of the store stealthily w/o it activating the alarm.
They aren't supposed to or allowed to do what I described before anyway but, can get away w/ it/avoid getting caught and possibly fired.

I also ask if TC was asking about the North American Gamestop since there are countries such as Spain that also have Gamestops.

i have gotten a few games before release (3-4 days) from gamestop still sealed in the original package never had any problems like that though that gamestop did change staff rather quickly after they sold games early a few times but this was years ago they still had those sensors by the door
---
#8Firemaster5Posted 8/16/2013 11:36:20 PM
koggx posted...
koggx posted...
In America?

i have gotten a few games before release (3-4 days) from gamestop still sealed in the original package never had any problems like that though that gamestop did change staff rather quickly after they sold games early a few times but this was years ago they still had those sensors by the door

What country?
I'm imagining that there was a staff change b/c the store clerk that sold you the game early got fired.
I know that there were stores in Australia that did that but, they probably weren't Gamestops and were able to bypass the sales ban set to unlock come the street date.
---
Yeah get used to it. If you've got a problem with Mickey Mouse you're in the wrong series.~Drizzy_Drizake
#9koggxPosted 8/16/2013 11:38:32 PM
koggx posted...
koggx posted...
In America?

What country?
I'm imagining that there was a staff change b/c the store clerk that sold you the game early got fired.
I know that there were stores in Australia that did that but, they probably weren't Gamestops and were able to bypass the sales ban set to unlock come the street date.

US East coast and it was the manager who sold the games to me he was a rather laid back guy didn't seem like he gave a damn
---
#10Firemaster5Posted 8/16/2013 11:52:28 PM
I've gotten a call from Gamestop before informing me that they received the shipment of a game I pre-ordered before the release date but, I couldn't get the game until street date. ;__; They really know how to tease a person. <__<
I hope they at least open around 8:30 a.m. that day so I can pick up my game before attending morning religious services.
---
"Explaining the joke is like dissecting a frog. You understand it better but the frog dies in the process."
--E. B. White