This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Downside to Mega? Single-use Mega Stones?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Downside to Mega? Single-use Mega Stones?
3 years ago#1
Ever since we got the info today that activating mega evolution is done by simple activation that doesn't take up a turn, the one question I've had is: Why?

If it's not going to take up a turn and is almost always objectively a boost, if everybody's always going to want to use it at every available opportunity, the why bother with a button? Why not just make it automatic?

The only reason I can think of if that either (A) Mega Stones are single-use items or (B) mega evolution comes with some sort of downside. Maybe the Pokemon becomes so powerful that it stops obeying the trainer. Maybe it automatically becomes choice-locked. Maybe it has its HP cut in half. Maybe its move list is replaced and becomes more restrictive. Maybe you don't get any XP in-game for a battle where you use it.

What do you think?
3 years ago#2
Twilight_Sonata posted...
Ever since we got the info today that activating mega evolution is done by simple activation that doesn't take up a turn, the one question I've had is: Why?

If it's not going to take up a turn and is almost always objectively a boost, if everybody's always going to want to use it at every available opportunity, the why bother with a button? Why not just make it automatic?

The only reason I can think of if that either (A) Mega Stones are single-use items or (B) mega evolution comes with some sort of downside. Maybe the Pokemon becomes so powerful that it stops obeying the trainer. Maybe it automatically becomes choice-locked. Maybe it has its HP cut in half. Maybe its move list is replaced and becomes more restrictive. Maybe you don't get any XP in-game for a battle where you use it.

What do you think?

You answered your own question.
3 years ago#3
I don't think so.
Imma be hte best GaemFQAs evr!
Official Best Ever of the Pokemon X Board
3 years ago#4
So, what, that means the oh so rare event-only Blazikenite is single use?
Who saves the weak from the man who saves the weak?
Sorry, bad English.
3 years ago#5
I highly doubt they would be one-time use. Nobody would ever want to use their Blazikenite due to it only being available from an event.
Not changing this sig until Gamefreak brings back the Trick Master. Started 9-19-10
3 years ago#6
Maybe you only could use them when your health is down 50%

Naw but I would laugh so hard.
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18l24d39d62b8gif/original.gif
3 years ago#7
The XP thing sounds likely
The One4U Alliance - Support gaming! End console wars!
3 years ago#8
The downside is not being able to use another item. Mega Mawile may look sexy with that monster Attack, but without the help of a Choice Scarf, I don't see it being the gamechanger some are making it out to be.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/82442627/Adelle.png I draw lolis :D https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/82442627/IsawaKiyokoAlternate.png
3 years ago#9
You don't want the change in abilities? You don't want ampharos to be part dragon to get nailed by a fairy attack? maybe there would be a reconfiguration of the stats (rather than a straight increase) and you want to certain increases at certain times? maybe you can't switch out once a pokemon megaevolves
Nintendo? PlayStation? no...
http://mangafox.me/manga/mel_kano/v03/c016/27.html
3 years ago#10
Well first of all its locking you out of using any other item. Then, they could probably make it like meloetta and force you to use a specific move first so you can change formes/evolve.
FC: 2921-9125-4259 Salem from Historia.
Dream Address: 4600-2133-5158 Visit me!
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Downside to Mega? Single-use Mega Stones?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived