This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do people think Mega stones are 1 time use?

#1GoombaXPosted 8/17/2013 12:12:19 AM
When there is a very limited number in each game.
---
3ds FC: 1891-1175-6647 My town: Termina
Currently Playing: MvC 2(PS3), M&L: DT, Dark Souls(PS3), Skyrim(PC), Pikmin 3
#2Duskull24Posted 8/17/2013 12:14:16 AM
Because the idea of Gamefreak making you repeat an action over and over is somehow inconceivable to them.
---
Not changing this sig until Gamefreak brings back the Trick Master. Started 9-19-10
#3LexifoxPosted 8/17/2013 12:18:48 AM
Because traditionally, evolution items have been one-use, and people are looking for a way to make the Mega Pokemon "balanced".
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#4VengefulShoePosted 8/17/2013 12:18:59 AM
The only reasonable restriction I can forsee with Mega-Evos, especially because of the button thing, is that the item is permanent, but you can only use it once per battle. So say, you activate Mega Evolution, and then have to switch the Pokemon out for whatever reason, you lose the Evo and it cannot be activated again that fight. I think it would make the most sense and would force people to actually think about when to use it, instead of just activating uber Pokemon at the beginning of every turn.
---
GT: VengefulShoe
"Shade comes from reading; reading came first. Reading is the real art form of insults." ------ Dorian Corey
#5AscendingLeoPosted 8/17/2013 12:48:16 AM
VengefulShoe posted...
The only reasonable restriction I can forsee with Mega-Evos, especially because of the button thing, is that the item is permanent, but you can only use it once per battle. So say, you activate Mega Evolution, and then have to switch the Pokemon out for whatever reason, you lose the Evo and it cannot be activated again that fight. I think it would make the most sense and would force people to actually think about when to use it, instead of just activating uber Pokemon at the beginning of every turn.

That would be awful though, because roar or any phazing move would take a dump on the whole mechanic
#6Archwing3441Posted 8/17/2013 12:49:55 AM
AscendingLeo posted...
VengefulShoe posted...

That would be awful though, because roar or any phazing move would take a dump on the whole mechanic

so... more defensive tactic is used to balance out the overpowered new offensive options? That sounds pretty good to me...
---
Nintendo? PlayStation? no...
http://mangafox.me/manga/mel_kano/v03/c016/27.html
#7VengefulShoePosted 8/17/2013 12:58:15 AM
AscendingLeo posted...
VengefulShoe posted...

Because Mega Evolutions should be immune to every single strategy in the game and be an instant-win button, amirite?
---
GT: VengefulShoe
"Shade comes from reading; reading came first. Reading is the real art form of insults." ------ Dorian Corey
#8GiratinalgaPosted 8/17/2013 2:15:34 AM
VengefulShoe posted...
AscendingLeo posted...
VengefulShoe posted...

Because Mega Evolutions should be immune to every single strategy in the game and be an instant-win button, amirite?

It already looks like you can't hold an item while you use it (not confirmed, though). If that's the case, that's already a pretty decent balance.
---
PSN: julito427 (Hellsing) Currently playing: SSFIV AE, BB:CS2, Pokemon Black, MvC3
SSFIV: Oni, Cody, Yun
#9trinityEDGEPosted 8/17/2013 3:01:26 AM
Giratinalga posted...
VengefulShoe posted...
AscendingLeo posted...
VengefulShoe posted...

It already looks like you can't hold an item while you use it (not confirmed, though). If that's the case, that's already a pretty decent balance.

That's like saying a Latios holding a Soul Dew is perfectly balanced because it can't hold another item.
#10LeebeenitePosted 8/17/2013 3:05:33 AM
VengefulShoe posted...

That idea sucks. Think of another.