This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do people think Mega stones are 1 time use?

#11Second_ChancesPosted 8/17/2013 2:31:02 AM
I remember hearing that demo players tried switching out while Mega and it didn't go away. Dunno if it was true though.

Really, the only way it's "balanced" is you can't use hold items.
#12Zaane1291Posted 8/17/2013 3:12:19 AM
probably once you mega one pokemon it stays mega for the entire fight as in switched out or whatever and you cannot mega any other pokemon besides that one
#13ClassyOldHatPosted 8/17/2013 5:52:37 AM
While I doubt they will be one time use, I wouldn't be surprised if they were, given the absurd prices on one-use prizes in the battle frontier (They're meant to be used in the facilities, where they regenerate, yes, but considering how quickly a focus sash or air balloon will vanish if you forget to remove it, those prices are highway robbery), and that several of the early games had far few evolution stones than you would need to evolve every Pokemon.

GameFreak has a history of being stupid with distribution of one use items.
#14ChiefColePosted 8/17/2013 5:57:13 AM
It's balanced because you can only use one on a team
---
3DS Friendcode: 4296-3524-7627
#15CelebityPosted 8/17/2013 5:57:31 AM
It would make no sense if Mega Stones were one-time use. But hasn't it been confirmed that you can only use one Mega Pokemon per battle? That and the no hold item thing make it pretty balanced in my opinion.
---
Nintendo Network: Damon07
Playing: Oracle of Seasons, Pikmin 2, S&P:SS
#16IceDragon77Posted 8/17/2013 5:58:29 AM
VengefulShoe posted...
The only reasonable restriction I can forsee with Mega-Evos, especially because of the button thing, is that the item is permanent, but you can only use it once per battle. So say, you activate Mega Evolution, and then have to switch the Pokemon out for whatever reason, you lose the Evo and it cannot be activated again that fight. I think it would make the most sense and would force people to actually think about when to use it, instead of just activating uber Pokemon at the beginning of every turn.

It's already confirmed that they remain Mega for the rest of the battle.

Honestly, Mega Pokemon are already balanced. You can only have 1 per battle, and that they can't hold an item.

So while Mega Blaziken sounds really powerful, is a slightly better version of an already powerful Pokemon really worth your only Mega?
---
http://i.imgur.com/xWWX5xm.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/tMhFpCD.jpg Thanks Fellwolf and L4DHunter! <3
#17GiratinalgaPosted 8/18/2013 8:07:26 AM(edited)
trinityEDGE posted...
Giratinalga posted...
VengefulShoe posted...
AscendingLeo posted...
VengefulShoe posted...
The only reasonable restriction I can forsee with Mega-Evos, especially because of the button thing, is that the item is permanent, but you can only use it once per battle. So say, you activate Mega Evolution, and then have to switch the Pokemon out for whatever reason, you lose the Evo and it cannot be activated again that fight. I think it would make the most sense and would force people to actually think about when to use it, instead of just activating uber Pokemon at the beginning of every turn.

That would be awful though, because roar or any phazing move would take a dump on the whole mechanic

Because Mega Evolutions should be immune to every single strategy in the game and be an instant-win button, amirite?

It already looks like you can't hold an item while you use it (not confirmed, though). If that's the case, that's already a pretty decent balance.

That's like saying a Latios holding a Soul Dew is perfectly balanced because it can't hold another item.

You don't know what the boosts are, yet. Soul Dew is completely different. Apples and oranges.
---
PSN: julito427 (Hellsing) Currently playing: SSFIV AE, BB:CS2, Pokemon Black, MvC3
SSFIV: Oni, Cody, Yun
#18Mewtwo_soulPosted 8/18/2013 8:13:09 AM
trinityEDGE posted...
Giratinalga posted...
VengefulShoe posted...
AscendingLeo posted...
VengefulShoe posted...

That would be awful though, because roar or any phazing move would take a dump on the whole mechanic

Because Mega Evolutions should be immune to every single strategy in the game and be an instant-win button, amirite?

It already looks like you can't hold an item while you use it (not confirmed, though). If that's the case, that's already a pretty decent balance.

That's like saying a Latios holding a Soul Dew is perfectly balanced because it can't hold another item.

Except most of these Pokemon are just shown to get an odd add on to a portion of their set up when they mega evolve. Nothing so far looks imbalanaced and before "Kangaskahn 2 attacks" Who cares? OU Pokemon will laugh and then kill it. BL Pokemon will easily beat it down.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#19Arne83Posted 8/18/2013 8:19:15 AM
Because "trollfreak"... or something stupid like that.
---
More of a Pokemon fan than TherianReturns will ever be.
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals..." - Agent K.